scotland, my next exit

This post is 3919 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I don``t want spam bippo topic with my "problems" so i start a new one here

Ttaskmaster, you speak about this area? https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=+Loch+Shiel+&hl=en&ll=56.77568,-5.443039&spn=0.320919,1.056747&sll=57.191344,-4.345093&sspn=1.269441,4.22699&t=h&hnear=Loch+Shiel&z=11

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Specifically here:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=glenfinnan&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&safe=active&ie=UTF-8&ei=72PlUdnYFKSW0AXW6IGABQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

The Road To The Isles is the A380 at the North end of the loch - Ride that right out to Mallaig and from there catch a boat to go explore Eigg and Rum.

Make sure you spend Thursday night in the Glenfinnan House Hotel bar, where they have a fantastic ceilidh band. Try the venison and chat over beers with Duncan, the owner and most excellent head chef!

They serve a fantastic Full Scottish Breakfast as well ;)

If traveling from the south well worth a visit to isle of Arran get ferry from Ardrossan to Brodick trip round Island and ferry from Lochranza to Claonaig then travel up to Oban then on to Fort William Fantastic roads and senery See that you have an AJS lallasro the AJS owners club were on Arran at weekend showing bike worth a trip over you will not be disappointed ATB Nick

Henry Cole did the john o groats/lands end thing and was just been shown on TV, maybe worth checking out as I'm sure its repeat

already booking a caravan on Linnhe Lochside Holidays for 2-3 august.. unfortunatelly I can`t stay with the tent because my wife and kids will fallow me, I can`t put my 5 and 21 months girls to sleep in a tent. I will try cover how much I can in those 2 days because I can`t stay more. but I will keep all destinations in my mind for next trips ;) thanks to all!

Have a gander through this

• Like 1

when John o Groats was mentioned, thats a really fun road - if ever heading up that direction deffo check out the Berriedale brae, reallly good fun . . . scotlands version of the selvio pass . . . but only twa bends

• Like 1

Matt" you need to ride Applecross rd, its a real SEilvo typo road. .Lallasro " that Loch linnhe is where i went swimming last weekend, :fish: when boat went on fire, .. head up to Isle of Skye, if you can. :yeah:

• Like 1

already booking a caravan on Linnhe Lochside Holidays for 2-3 august.. unfortunatelly I can`t stay with the tent because my wife and kids will fallow me, I can`t put my 5 and 21 months girls to sleep in a tent. I will try cover how much I can in those 2 days because I can`t stay more. but I will keep all destinations in my mind for next trips ;) thanks to all!

I campedwith my daughter at 9 months in a tent, she loved it. just got to watch her though, she mooch off through the tent exploring

I campedwith my daughter at 9 months in a tent, she loved it. just got to watch her though, she mooch off through the tent exploring

I don`t have enough balls to do this lol. is a 3 person tent, and we are 2 adults and 2 kids, not so much space, and I use to move my legs and arms during the sleeping time... I don`t want hurt my kids.

I don`t like to sleep in a room when i`m in holidays, I hate hotels, caravans, but no choise this time :) maybe I will take the tent for myself :))

• 3 weeks later...

i`m back, I will post some pics tomorow. so.. 2 days, 1000 miles, first day ok, second day rain and fog so we leave the scotland for the sea, Morecambe area. after these 1000 miles all my body parts was ok except my right hand so I decide to buy a cruise control. I try to run my bike with no shield betwen 2 fuel stations but I change fast my mind, stop at first fuel station and put the shield. I can`t imagine ANY trip on motorway with no shield from now. nobody try to kill me but I was close to hit my wife car because I was looking to a damaged car on the right side and I don`t see she hit the brake :Dthe road was very slippery in that area and I had problems controling my bike. I was happy to see the fuel comsumption at 75-80 m/h is some like 7l/110-115 miles!!! this mean over 280m/ full tank. in leeds area, I never had better than 200 m/ tank. but... the traffic is f ugly here :))

I like the area and i`m sure i will go again there maybe when i have some more time and i hope i will have a better wheater.

thanks ttaskmaster ;)

Um yes Berriedale , great fun wioth a fully loaded artic , how is the bypass plan going up there ,

That 830 to Mallaig aint what it used to be , all nice wide road now no siongle track bridges and the old hil out is gone,

I did Malaig merv . gogeous scenery, we took ferry from skye .... lallasro . where were you , i was on Skye to oban road thursday,,,weather was good,,, :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online