project F.U.C.R

wild foamy
This post is 3083 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

F*cking royal mail!, they lost my laptop and THEN lost my claim form and THEN rejected the second claim form because it was over 30 days, now this!

my indicator lenses arrived... with a fucking boot print on the jiffy bag and out of the 3 lenses that were in the bag two of them were smashed to pieces!, i got a full refund from the seller but that isnt the point.

i never have this problem with Hermes :madflame:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bought 2 panniers and delivered by Hermes both smashed to F**K :madflame: , it's not the service it's the dimwit's they employ.

Had a closer look at the F.U.C.R today as the sun was shining... and oh dear...

it was basically just held together loosely, wiring loom has been bodged, will most likely strip the whole thing out and re-do it from scratch, have stripped the plastics and fugly tank off and on eBay along with the indicators, side panels, clocks, lights, bar risers e.t.c

DSC_0113_zps47e41162.jpg

Still, may have found some ace bars and also have a top yoke on order, round headlight ready to go in but will need new mounts, going to mock up some new panels and maybe a cardboard tank so i can get an idea of what its going to look like.

DSC_0114_zpsd9f89010.jpg

going to be f*cking awkward getting a decent tank to fit with the carbs pointing up like this, would be ideal to either bin these ones off and use a larger side-mounted carb instead, or make a new airbox to fit within the frame and take the air feed from below the tank

Looks like this could turn very interesting!

You will probably end up driving past it in hungerford!, ive got more incentive to get this on the road than the XJ Turbo as this will be my little runabout whilst i park up the gas-guzzling 2L kia :)

Well peeps, today i was at the Wiltshire steam and vintage rally over near marlborough with my old man, and in amongst the auto jumble i picked these up... £10 the pair with a crappy homemade mount and some lights/switches, these clocks are pretty much brand new with not a mark on them!

IMG_00000265_zps30085020.jpg

M&P are selling the near exact same ones for £25 each :),

Also found some red lucas stoplights to match the lucas indicator lenses (well, the one lens that survived the postmans wrath anyway) and a brand new impact wrench for £15 :)

I had an empty budweiser crate kicking around and some tape, so i made a mock-up of the tail piece

IMG_00000276_zps0332aa58.jpg

Thats the general idea of what im aiming for, will probably have to form the two sides and top seperately and bond them together afterwards with the rear inner mudguard forming the base (also housing the battery)

I had an empty budweiser crate kicking around and some tape, so i made a mock-up of the tail piece

IMG_00000276_zps0332aa58.jpg

Thats the general idea of what im aiming for, will probably have to form the two sides and top seperately and bond them together afterwards with the rear inner mudguard forming the base (also housing the battery)

so is this going to be your first electric bike (if you need all that room for the battery) lol :biglaugha:

• Like 1

only a 12v8ah :S

going to offer it up to the frame tomorrow and see how it looks, like i said this is just a first draft, may cut the top down a bit for the next one, im working my way through a crate of carlsberg to get more cardboard :)

you don't need that much room foams. my tracker electrics area is tiny.

think of how the magicians use their tables with matt black bottoms and sloping inward sides.

think of how the magicians use their tables with matt black bottoms and sloping inward sides.

Huh?... O.o

Also i offered up my cardboard mock-up and you're right, its fucking huge!, looking at some other cafe racers im probably going to to for a combined seat/tail unit, that way i can keep the XZs' original side-hinged seat design to allow access to the battery and other gubbins, going to be a pain in the ass working everything around the shock and everything else though :(, also for now im keeping the original loom, may chop and change it to get the parts moved to where i want but once im happy with it i may think about making a new one from scratch

Second pattern:

DSC_01161_zpsf5327af6.jpg

Also included one of the lucas stop/brake lenses to get an idea of what its going to look like, mounted from the inside and will have a small retaining plate that slides in behind them to stop them falling back through, If i cut it down any more im going to struggle to fit my lights in there aswell as my battery and other stuff, what size battery are you running on the tracker drewps?, i dont want to cut down on the capacity too much, it originally had a 12v 12ah same as the XJ, the Fireblade runs a 6ah which i should be able to get away with, also need to make a new rear inner mudguard to double as a battery box