project F.U.C.R

wild foamy
This post is 3081 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well peeps, it's been a pipedream for so long but finally I have a good base for my latest project, Foamys Urban Cafe Racer... I'm keeping it schtum for now though pics will come in the next few days ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Remember Foamy to be a bona fide café racer it must do over the 100mph mark.

Nowhere close :P

Give you a clue, it's a twin and it's just under 600cc

Sure it's not a single and you were seeing double when you brought it Steve?

• Like 3

Not a BSA Bantum is it?

Isn't that 100mph around the North Circular and able to leave the Cafe, do the run and make it back before the song finishes playing on the jukebox, or something?

Is it a diesel DT50?

Lol

you know me well enough by now bud, i like to be "unconventional", sure it needs a little TLC but its a good runner and once ive got rid of that f*cking ma-hoosive tank and started getting same fibreglass together its going to look real sweet

Will be using a 7" round headlamp with fibreglass nacelle and HID lamp, chrome front mudguard with one of the old style numberplates around the radius, adding some ace bars or clipons, slash cut stainless pipes, new solo seat, digital gauges, toying with the idea of making a fibreglass tank as using a conventional one would be tricky owing to the position of the carbs

oh, and did i mention possibly a supercharger?

you know me well enough by now bud, i like to be "unconventional", sure it needs a little TLC but its a good runner and once ive got rid of that f*cking ma-hoosive tank and started getting same fibreglass together its going to look real sweet

Will be using a 7" round headlamp with fibreglass nacelle and HID lamp, chrome front mudguard with one of the old style numberplates around the radius, adding some ace bars or clipons, new solo seat, digital gauges, toying with the idea of making a fibreglass tank as using a conventional one would be tricky owing to the position of the carbs

I'm not salivating yet Steve. It has the right engine and it will be interesting to see it develop.

Only if it is registered after September 2001, seeing as my XZ is 1982 it is acceptable but not a legal requirement :)

first on the list of things to go will be those gay-ass-looking indicators, the rear indicators will be built into the rear cowling, not sure wether to build the front ones into the nacelle as i wouldnt want them to be obscured by the headlight beam

Ordered a fibreglassing kit and some old-school lucas indicator lenses (real glass ones, not those shitty screw-on plastic types), also got given a thunderace rear light unit which will be going in the tail unit, will hopefully get some pics up shortly :), need to find some big foam blocks though, that florist stuff is pretty pricey for what it is

The foam is called Oasis.

What about a breeze block? Soft to shape, just get the right kind.

I thought that Oasis was a brand name? :S, im picking up some polystyrene tomorrow which will hopefully be good enough for a basic form.

i remember using a rather dense but brittle foam to pack a hydraulic pump at Benson to be sent back to the supplier, it crumbled like a biscuit in your hand but was very firm to the touch and would be ideal to make into a form, but i cant seem to find anything like it!, searching on google only turns up seating foam and mattress toppers :(

Hey foams why not use modeling clay cheap and easy to shape and you can put it back on if you want to reshape it if the first go isn't what you want.