Where to buy a bike?

Boner75
This post is 4016 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys, have been trawling the web for a new bike (just sold my R1).

Seem to be going round and round in circles and just not finding anything I like...

Other than eBay, Gumtree, Autotrader & MCN - where do you look for bikes?

Cheers - Boner.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hesitate to say the obvious but have you tried a bike shop? Got to be one near by you and they might know of someone selling their bike, my local one always has a bike for sale board inside and if your not to fussy they can be "INTERESTING" ie the shop wont buy them but someone might! just a thought. plus they might know a local dealer that has a good deal locally. Good luck with your search. :jossun:

• Like 1

Figure out exactly what you want and then Google for it, narrowing your search parameters accordingly.
That's pretty much how I found mine (and for £800 less than the going rate) at a little-known independent dealership down the road!

• Like 1

Every bike I've ever owned has come from eBay.

Guys, have been trawling the web for a new bike (just sold my R1).

Seem to be going round and round in circles and just not finding anything I like...

Other than eBay, Gumtree, Autotrader & MCN - where do you look for bikes?

Cheers - Boner.

Try a site called "PRELOVED" its a bit like trade-it

Thanks guys, will do some asking around locally...

Think I'd quite like an XT500 now!

Cheers - Boner.

Iv got a 1985 Suzuki DR600 if your interested, £1000 taxed and new test.