My 77 FS1E-DX (owned for 34 years)

dave62
This post is 4054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ahhh, brings back memories!!

Mine was a 76 DX in yellow and had a nose fairing too (which was fitted in a hopeless attempt to extract a few more mph from 4.8 bhp!!)

Looks in great condition, have you any more photos?

I learnt how to keep strokers running on fs1e. More importantly my mate who. Being considerably better off money wise threw all sorts of stuff at his.

This normally needed me to fit it and then repair it when he repeatedly threw it down the road.

Good times.

UK_DT, will try and put up some more pics soon mate, Cynic, I rode this fizz every day in all weathers for 3 years (took me that long to pay off the HP lol) back in the day and learnt how to decoke and set points ect too :thumb: John (blackhat250) cheers mate but will be going to RD rally as its only 5 mins from home for me so if you are around I'll let you buy me a pint! :D

• Like 1

Arghhh, aint it cute, mine didn't have the fairing and was a metallic bronze colour, remember going to Hunstanton one bank holiday weekend, this was before all the bypasses where built around Wisbech and Kings Lynn etc and because of the amount of traffic and jams it was Just as quick on the Fizzy as going in a car.

Talking of nice clean FS1E's, one of the lads in the DT125R forum has this 1975 bike up for sale on Ebay right now

IMG_20121007_102224-1.jpg

IMG_20120811_155532.jpg

Very nice, always made me laugh how the speedo goes up to 80mph

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online