Yamaha LS2

LS2
This post is 3139 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ah" if you get it done by Chrome Restorers , not just a re-chrome, they will fill dents with tinning process , , and will be top class job, costs double that of a re-chrome, :yeah:

I'm not sure they chrome in Norway, I seem to remember a poster had to send to Holland for theirs to be done. correct me if I'm wrong LS2.

Pretty bike BTW

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thank you people. And thank you for caring.

Well, I think it might be a problem to find a Chrome Restorer that can do the Tinning process, but there are several companies doing Chroming.
I am normally driving my HD Heritage Classic (very bling-bling) and have had to Chrome parts several times.

I have come across fenders for her, but they are expencive and the sellers are in Japan or other eastern countrys. They tend not to answer when you try to ask a question. For example this one:

http://handmadethaicountry.ecrater.com/p/11140018/yamaha-ls2-ls3-rs100-front

How can I be sure this will fit my bike? Are all fenders for all the LS2s the same? I know there where done some small changes to e.g. the tail light. After 1973 ore something the tail light went back from a square shape to a round shape and so on. So I know my bike most likely is a 1974 model because it is registered first time in 1975.

I think it is a big risk to spend this amount of money on a part I do not know will fit. Therefore I try to ask them to take 2-3 measurements, but no aswer yet.

Ill just keep hammering I thing, and slowly I will get there. I guess this is what is called restoring... :spin2:

• 2 months later...

Hi

I've got the USA version of the LS2 which differs slightly from the Europa version mainly cosmetics as its got open springs on the rear shocks, sealed beam headlamp with a narrow rim and of course its Blue

53cc4f04.jpg

6361a021.jpg

Regretted selling it the moment I agreed to sooo......

This is one that I've recently imported via Canada

IMG_1232.jpg

Got the restoration underway at the moment, you can link to the restoration diary via the Aircooled RD Forum

http://www.aircooledrdclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=37528.0

So if you need any information let me know i've got parts lists and workshop manuals, a lot of parts are similar to the AS3 as well

Welcome inn dave" :wavey: sweet little twin they are, Rs 1600 i in background too, hows the 1G1.. :photo2: ..

Oh that is not fair. The rs and the capri topped off with that little screamer and the LC.

I dont like you humpfh...

Oh that is not fair. The rs and the capri topped off with that little screamer and the LC.

I dont like you humpfh...

Not to mention a couple of Daytonas and other assorted smokers !!!!

• 2 years later...

Hi all, I just picked up this 1972 LS2 for free from a friend in return for helping clean his barn.  Hadn't been registered since 1975.  It's not perfect by a long ways but it cleaned up pretty nice.  I rebuild the carbs, new plugs etc and it is actually running pretty well.  I don't really know what to expect.  I do notice that the right side runs considerably stronger than the left.  When I make mix or idle adjustments to that side they are immediately apparent.  The left seems quite a bit weaker and those same adjustments don't really seem to have any effect.  The manual is a little sparse on recommendation.  I'd be open to anyone's ideas.  Thanks in advance!

BB

1972 LS2.jpg

• drewpy locked this topic
This post is 3139 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.