Cleaning gloves

tgsm7
This post is 4179 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Whats the best way to clean the inside of textile gloves? Dont exactly think they'll like the washing machine.

Theyre spada enforcers and ive checked their website. Theyre about 8 months old and have started to smell abit inside.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Many people do machine-wash, but it *may* destroy the waterproofing. Could try warm soapy water and a scrubbing brush, then rinse with cold water and hang to dry for about 2 days.

What do the instructions that came with them say?

Alternatively, phone SPADA up and ask:

01384-413-841

i would advise against machine washing, all our military issue goretex stuff looses its waterproof properties when washed and im assuming that the spada gloves will use the same sort of technology

i would suggest turning them inside out and using a mild detergent (fairy liquid) with warm water to gently scrub the inside and hang them up to dry naturally

I have a berghaus jacket which gets washed in the machine,then

put it in the tumble dryer on "low " heat which dries it and also re-waterproofs it.

that was the instructions that came with it.

not sure how the tumble dryer re-proofing bit works but it does,

had it for years and never lets water in..

Cheers guys :)

Many people do machine-wash, but it *may* destroy the waterproofing. Could try warm soapy water and a scrubbing brush, then rinse with cold water and hang to dry for about 2 days.

What do the instructions that came with them say?

Alternatively, phone SPADA up and ask:

01384-413-841

Ill drop them an email now. I dont fancy taking the risk.

What about blathering them inside with Febreeze?

Aye, was going to try that, but it only covers the smell, not clean them.

i would advise against machine washing, all our military issue goretex stuff looses its waterproof properties when washed and im assuming that the spada gloves will use the same sort of technology

i would suggest turning them inside out and using a mild detergent (fairy liquid) with warm water to gently scrub the inside and hang them up to dry naturally

Cant turn them inside out :(

I have a berghaus jacket which gets washed in the machine,then

put it in the tumble dryer on "low " heat which dries it and also re-waterproofs it.
that was the instructions that came with it.

not sure how the tumble dryer re-proofing bit works but it does,
had it for years and never lets water in..

Ill try emailing them first and depending on the reply, try this.

Thanks again

Bi carb of soda, same as for sweaty trainers, and if needs be, Scotchguard or tent spray will waterproof again.

Lidl do a W5 brand waterproofing spray that works and is a lot cheaper than branded.