went green laning today.....

welshwan
This post is 4177 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had a great time out on the local greenlanes today!, got as high up as 400-500 meters. lovely views will defo get some pics next time. However the bike went down a few times, reg plate off, rear light not coming on (hopefully its just the bulb that's blown) and snapped my rear brake reservoir, they are in such a damn silly place on these bikes (sticking out of the bike, if it was back/in the frame abit more- say half an inch it would be ideal!) If the right side of the bike EVER touches the ground u can pretty much bet you have bust your reservoir (XT125 05).

What a pain in the ass! i have only had a new reservoir on it for about a week and a fucking half!!!!! ahh well the experience and just plain old fun i had today more then made up for it! these things happen i guess :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Glad you had fun,,,

Why not when you put the next new res. on make a spacer to move it in the 1/2 in you need? A couple of nuts or a stack of washers and longer bolts would be quick and simple. or a piece of pipe.

Possibly you mounted it on the wrong side of the frame?Just sounds weird that yam would make it so it breaks so easly,the wr can be slamed on the right side with no dammage, it also has a nice alum.shield so you don't kick it with you boot possibly it could be made to fit?

I know if it was mine that would be the last one that broke because of location.

What tyres have you got on your XTX?

im using the R wheels matey with 'all terrain' or 'dual sport' tires, lol something like that :)

Glad you had fun,,,

Why not when you put the next new res. on make a spacer to move it in the 1/2 in you need? A couple of nuts or a stack of washers and longer bolts would be quick and simple. or a piece of pipe.

Possibly you mounted it on the wrong side of the frame?Just sounds weird that yam would make it so it breaks so easly,the wr can be slamed on the right side with no dammage, it also has a nice alum.shield so you don't kick it with you boot possibly it could be made to fit?

I know if it was mine that would be the last one that broke because of location.

i have not had a chance to check yet DT but from what i remember its in the correct position and cant be moved further into the frame so to speak. i will be checking in the morning to see what can be done as just a front brake is no good hahaha. dropping down through those gears like a boss, cant be doing the engine much good. ahh well should be golden by dinner time 2moz (fingers crossed ) :) . will keep u posted

Yeh welsheen " Xt"s cudna match the DT"s when we were young, :tounge: ,,hardy simple light offroaders [ well not the 250"s or 400 twinshocks] they were cumbersome, but nice looking,,, :yeah:

i cant wait to get my dt125r green laining, putting it off road in next 3 days - sorn over christmas then the rebuild will comence!

new cylinder resleave, mitaka piston kit, athena gasket kit, full sevice, new small LED endicators, new lowrise handle bars, new carbon fiber reeds, heidenau semi offroad tyres and a few other bits and bobs.

there is 4 of us i have my dt and the rest have road legal quad bikes 2 x 350cc's and 1 x 250cc 4 strokers hopefully they will be following me but who knows its all goo fun

ken

i have not had a chance to check yet DT but from what i remember its in the correct position and cant be moved further into the frame so to speak. i will be checking in the morning to see what can be done as just a front brake is no good hahaha. dropping down through those gears like a boss, cant be doing the engine much good. ahh well should be golden by dinner time 2moz (fingers crossed ) :) . will keep u posted

Make up a bar or plate to protect,,,,, simples

i cant wait to get my dt125r green laining, putting it off road in next 3 days - sorn over christmas then the rebuild will comence!

new cylinder resleave, mitaka piston kit, athena gasket kit, full sevice, new small LED endicators, new lowrise handle bars, new carbon fiber reeds, heidenau semi offroad tyres and a few other bits and bobs.

there is 4 of us i have my dt and the rest have road legal quad bikes 2 x 350cc's and 1 x 250cc 4 strokers hopefully they will be following me but who knows its all goo fun

ken

You have a DT125re

The r model finished in 2003

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online