I've done it again :(

wild foamy
This post is 4230 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, i missed my DT... and after a few hours down the pub i decided to see if i could find it on ebay...

long story short, i put a bid in and woke up this morning to find i had won the auction... oh dear, here we go again... its not even the same donkey!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looks like you have some work to do. Doesn't look in too bad shape on my phone. :) Does it run?

oh ive already started collecting parts :D, on the lookout for a donor engine to replace the knackered shafts,

also need to get hold of a wiring diagram and make up a loom, have a bit of time to play with it whilst the XJ turbo engine is being repaired, im holding out for a dakar bodykit aswell, always wanted one of those

Wow. I really want to know what (or how much) you end up drinking down the pub...!

Keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks for the kind words peeps, always makes me smile when i see it though, so far i have discovered the following:

No wiring loom.

Splines stripped on kickstart, gear change and output shaft

Rear brake ceised

No lights

No oil pump

No clocks

No handlebar levers

No little end bearing, piston rings or gudgeon pin

No kickstart or gear change lever

no sidestand (planning to add centrestand)

Tyres bald and flat

Tank rusted inside

Side panels missing

Air filter missing

Control cables missing

Aswell as some niffnaff bits, should be intersting though :)

Thanks for the kind words peeps, always makes me smile when i see it though, so far i have discovered the following:

No wiring loom.

Splines stripped on kickstart, gear change and output shaft

Rear brake ceised

No lights

No oil pump

No clocks

No handlebar levers

No little end bearing, piston rings or gudgeon pin

No kickstart or gear change lever

no sidestand (planning to add centrestand)

Tyres bald and flat

Tank rusted inside

Side panels missing

Air filter missing

Control cables missing

Aswell as some niffnaff bits, should be intersting though :)

Think I'm with Bippo on this one... just how much do you drink at the pub?! :biglaugha:

Rear mudguard is okay, it's been painted but that's not a huge problem, the inner has rusted/been cut off short of where the rear light mounting holes are but. I've already bought a set of mudguards and an inner off ebay

I'm going to stop drinking until all my projects are finished and use the money saved to buy parts

Update: ordered a sidestand, headlight brackets, kickstart lever, clocks, gear level and footpegs from a breaker on ebay, they weren't cheap but they were still the cheapest I could find... I'm pretty sure the price of spares has gone up since I got rid of my dt :( not going to bother with the rest of the panels, may aswell just wait for a dakar bodykit to come up for sale, havent managed to find a donor engine yet though :(

Does anyone know if DT 125 kickstart and gear change shafts would fit?, there's enough spares for them about

Gonna need some help here now peeps, just been looking at wiring diagrams on the Internet and the two Dt50mx manuals I have found both indicate that there should be a light blue, a yellow/red, a black/white and a white cable coming from the magneto, however on my bike I can only account for the light blue wire, the other three are yellow, black and green/red... Anyone have any idea where to go from here? :s

Screw it, have decided to rewire the bike according to my the diagram, will take the mag off and rewire it in the correct colours, have ordered everything I need for the wiring loom so the only thing s topping me from running it is the lack of a carb:/

So far i am only missing the carb, managed to find all the shafts I need, oil pump, filler cap, all the wires for the loom and some of the plugs, i would have it running by now if I wasn't stuck at Brize Norton -.-

Managed to pick up another DT50 for spares, it's probably in slightly better condition than the one I bought to restore but there are still many parts missing (mag cover, pillion footpegs e.t.c but it also has no keys or V5/number plate so it looks as though this bike will be split for parts, also found a 21mm dellorto carb in the shed so will probably put that on for good measure