Is this anyones on here? If so...."that blokes a nutter!!!!"

AndyDtr08
This post is 4365 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good find that. Looks a nice machine but i would get through some undies trying to tame it.

Think there snowmobile parts, there isn't anything scary about that.

A tdr 250 is little different performance wise, apart from the important point of being a lot better to look at.

the banshee is a highly tuned RD engine used in skidoo's, quads and snowmobile.

they are good because, although the development of the rd stopped when the bikes stopped being produced, the Banshee stuff has moved on with technology.

Ask stan stevens

Shure is an ugly bastard of a thing. will be some weapon tho " :spin2:

Maybe this is the bike where people heard a dt can hit 100mph..

Think there snowmobile parts, there isn't anything scary about that.

A tdr 250 is little different performance wise, apart from the important point of being a lot better to look at.

Whats the specs on a TDR 250? bhp, top speed wise? I've always like them but never really looked into it at all.

Surely the frame etc o a TDR250 is a little different. I know this is braced etc but jesus!

50 bhp. - 6speed , = 102 mph,,,,, There fast , :yeah: , weve seen them on Y.O.C rally .

Yep 50hp around 150KG ready to roll with all fluids and a full tank of fuel. Top wack just a knats over a ton. And the reason why i don't think a 125 Dt can get there.

With the bike stripped down a while ago with the DT next to it also partly dismantled you could see the similarities, the shape and lines of the frame, the tank mounting, tripple clamps even the engine mounts are all an evoloution.

Even the bodywork is part DT125, part RD125.

It goes like nothing else, it brings out the devil in you. Polite (ish) and tractable below 6 grand and a jilted girlfriend after. Power kicks in at 6 hard so if your leant over in the wet. Sharpens the mind.

A last point to highlight just how focused the bike is the first 2 gears will get you to around 50 mph if you rev it hard, for the other 4 gears there is less than a thousand rpm between them, you can play the gearbox like a tap fan.

Good riding position and handling that feels really odd at first till you realise its so right. And they are now rare enough that any good honest vgc bikes will only appreciate in value with proper care.

If you want one check everything, riding past the chippy will cause it to rot. The tank thicknes is measured in microns i think, everything siezes and they get crashed, a lot. There were only 2000 known to have come to the uk so happy hunting, took me 12 months to get mine.

They will be nailing the lid on the box before i get rid of mine.

One final note, if you think that DT is scary there is a TDR out there with a RD500 motor in it, gulp.

Yep 50hp around 150KG ready to roll with all fluids and a full tank of fuel. Top wack just a knats over a ton. And the reason why i don't think a 125 Dt can get there.

With the bike stripped down a while ago with the DT next to it also partly dismantled you could see the similarities, the shape and lines of the frame, the tank mounting, tripple clamps even the engine mounts are all an evoloution.

Even the bodywork is part DT125, part RD125.

It goes like nothing else, it brings out the devil in you. Polite (ish) and tractable below 6 grand and a jilted girlfriend after. Power kicks in at 6 hard so if your leant over in the wet. Sharpens the mind.

A last point to highlight just how focused the bike is the first 2 gears will get you to around 50 mph if you rev it hard, for the other 4 gears there is less than a thousand rpm between them, you can play the gearbox like a tap fan.

Good riding position and handling that feels really odd at first till you realise its so right. And they are now rare enough that any good honest vgc bikes will only appreciate in value with proper care.

If you want one check everything, riding past the chippy will cause it to rot. The tank thicknes is measured in microns i think, everything siezes and they get crashed, a lot. There were only 2000 known to have come to the uk so happy hunting, took me 12 months to get mine.

They will be nailing the lid on the box before i get rid of mine.

One final note, if you think that DT is scary there is a TDR out there with a RD500 motor in it, gulp.

Ok so scare was an over reaction to highlight the difference between the DT125 engine and the RD350, excites i should say!

I shall keep my eye out for a TDR then. I just went and bought another DT125 today somehow so will be adding this lot to it soon and sorting it out!

06a732cf.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online