The Wind!!!

Grouch
This post is 4366 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As a new rider I have realised over the past few weeks just how dangerous the wind can be. I've been nearly blown over on my bike more than once now. I can't believe how bad it is, and to be honest it proper made my heart race. Today I was doing about 50 and I nearly got clean blown over by the wind, some scary shit.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My experience of riding in severe wind was in about 1986 when Britain had very severe wind conditions, and I mean very severe. It was when Michael Fish made a right cock up with weather forecast.

I was coming back from work and literally was riding at about 45deg from perpindicular. Even the cars behind me were keeping there distance.

I proper shit myself, I was on a bypass doing about 50/60 when the gusts started. I immediately slowed down.

i had wind once, nearly shit my pants :biglaugha:

you did shit your pants!

the first year at Barnsley bike show, I had to keep behind cars, just to stay upright.

It was some fucked up shit, it was that strong it was forcing me out of lane. I think I'll stick to normal roads in future lol.

who the feck was in front of you? i won't let the dirty git ride in front o me.

yes, its really annoying, i ride over the dartford bridge on the M25 everyday and it can be a bit hairy scarey at times, i just slow down.

You learn to anticipate it, watch for the signs and react accordingly.

The Michael Fish incident was 1987, wasn't it?

I was hanging off the side of my house!

The staircase was too noisy to step down at night, so I'd hop out my window, lower myself down and then drop to the ground, before using a key to go in through the back door. That really was the quietest way to sneak down and watch 'adult' features on TV back then!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online