Kiwis can fly...well...sometimes

Hubo
This post is 4395 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I discovered a week ago that my Dt125 does not like flying over 2.5 metres above the ground!...The landings are what rattles us.! lol I do need to add that both the bike and I are 1974 models, the bike being 3 months older than me.

Ive got some pics somewhere...must hunt them out.

Great site you guys have and looking forward to being part of it

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Since you ased, DkD, I will explain! lol...

I bought this Dt for $50 NZ (thats about 20 quid I think) 10 years ago. I thought it would last perhaps 1 ride and it would die as it was pretty stuffed when i got it!

BUY NO!!! IT STILL LIVES!

I live about 5 mins from a large river where the local council maintain 5 motorcross tracks which you can use free of charge! (lucky aye) plus there is the river bed to use.

Over the years I have had newer bikes that are more comfortable to use but they come and go and the Dt remains.

I kind of forgot the Dt's (and mine) limitations as we flew off a rather large jump while playing with "the big boys"...until we hit the ground.

I think the suspension and forks are in need of TLC.

Im sorry to offend anyone here but in 10 years all I've done to it is...1 oil change 6 years ago, 1 spark plug 3 years ago and 2 front tubes.

Its been drowned in the river 4 times and never drained...always starts back up after a few kicks.

Its an awesome machine...Nothing beats the classics!!!!!!!!!!

Wild foamy!!!....you kinda got the wrong country. You may need to study the flags more carefully. hehe

Aussie about 3000 kms west of me so im thinking the sheilas are there lol

Cracking stuff there Hubo.. The DT is the camel of bikes, sounds like a Top Gear equivalent test you have carried out there. Glad at least you made it to tell the tell :spin2:

I discovered a week ago that my Dt125 does not like flying over 2.5 metres above the ground!...The landings are what rattles us.! lol I do need to add that both the bike and I are 1974 models, the bike being 3 months older than me.

Ive got some pics somewhere...must hunt them out.

Great site you guys have and looking forward to being part of it

Great little story, hunt out those pics

Oohh a council run MX track!! :razz:

Wish i still had my DT... why oh why did i ever sell it :(... i miss my beloved little donkey, it was enver the fastest thing on the road but always got me where i need to go several hours late...

Was teaching my 10 year old son the art of doing wheel stands on his bike (much to my missus disgust!!). He mastered it pretty quick, so I thought I'll show him how to change gear while doing it...Part of the front fence and garden now lay in pieces on the ground after I kind of misjudged my speed

and ran out of room! hehe

Might just go back to the Dt and Hide in the garage.... SHHHHH, dont tell my wife!!! :fingerwave:

ps Im still trying to get some photos up

hubo