help threaded screw xj6n

lwcrs2001
This post is 4418 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi can anybody help me. I was taking of speedo cover of to have a look at indicators etc and when i came to put back the cover i threaded to plastic thread. Me being me i was heavy handed. any help on what i could do to fix this problem. cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the screw is metal and the plastic insert is the problem, can you use a slightly thicker screw?

You could use a tap and remake the thread and use a machine screw. Another possibility with this sort of thing is to snip a small part off of a rawlplug and insert it into the hole and use the original screw.

Difficult to know without seeing it but one of the above should do it.

Simplest way if its not too loose, would be loctite.

The Gel Type Superglue does the same thing if you have some around.

Thanks for replies so far, i have now fixed it, i could not use a bigger screw as it would of split the plastic thread casing, so i got a nut with a thread on it and cut the end of, it was lose in the thread so i got some super glue and it worked a treat then just used a nut and washer to do it up