New kid on the block...

This post is 4468 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

I'm Bertie, a true petrolhead into anything with an engine....

I'm usually blapping about on my Gixer 750 but fancy a change.....

I have the chance of a Dragstar 650 which i want to make my own with some mods...

mb-xvs650_2_gr.jpg

This bike has given me some inspiration....

Anyway, I'll shut up now and hopfully speak to some of you about all things D'star...

Bertie.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Bertie, welcome to the forum.

By any chance are you from Burlington Square?

Hi Bertie,

Welcome to the site, that bike too gave me some inspiration for my 650 bobber Check out my bobber project in the "projects" section of the site.

All the best.

Noise

Well the deals done and i'm now the new owner of a "98" Dragstar 650....

I'm well impressed with it, its only covered 8,000 miles and has done 100 of them in the last 8 years....

Dry stored amd molly coddled all its days...

The only problem and its only cosmetic is the chrome on the engine cases is goosed...

I pick it up tomorrow all going well....

Bertie.

New Kid On The Block??!!

Man, I loved your album back when I was six, ha ha!!

Seriously, welcome.

Good choice of bike there - Classic or Custom, was it? I assume the latter, but then I'm biassed :)

New Kid On The Block??!!

Man, I loved your album back when I was six, ha ha!!

Seriously, welcome.

Good choice of bike there - Classic or Custom, was it? I assume the latter, but then I'm biassed :)

Cheeky git... Hahahaha!

Ermmmm, i'm not quite sure which one it is...

It hasn't got the big deep mudguards, a custom???

I'm currently looking for slash pipes at a sensible price, they're either overpriced short system or just dont look right...

if i have no luck getting pipes i'll be forced to fire up the TIG and the angry grinder...

Any suggestions on where to get exhausts??

Bertie.

Ermmmm, i'm not quite sure which one it is... It hasn't got the big deep mudguards, a custom???

Yep, Custom it is!!

My preferred model, actually. Just a shame they only make Classic styles these days. Customs look just that little bit less poncey, IMO.

Pipes - Continue shopping around. They will be expensive, to be honest.

I got a cheap set of Gemini pipes (full set, rather than slip-ons) off an Italian guy on eBay. Good sound, removable baffles, reasonable build quality... The finish is a bit poor and mine are now suffering, as I ride in all manner of bad weather and treat my bike like a sheer workhorse, but still good value for money.

It's worth checking out some of the overseas sellers. The eBay chap might even have some slash-cuts himself (can't check right now as I'm at work).

Welcome Bertie " wheres in Aberdeen shire are you, ? i ride up there loads in summer month"s, , am gettin into the custom style too

But not a Yam, the older ZL900 iliminator,

Cheers Ttaskmaster, I'll keep searching... It doesnt have to happen pver night i suppose...

Blackhat, I live outside Huntly, if yer into yer MX ye might have been a track which is very close to me...

I picked the bike up last night, its a different ride compared to my gixer or moto....

Need to get some miles in me thinks...

One of my mates is into his cruisers, he's got a Intruder 1800, man does my D'star look small compared to that.

Bertie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online