So...... my new toy arrives tomorrow and the weather has turned :(

Beanz
This post is 4569 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hope all gose well with your first ride home. dont let the wet put you off its not all bad. Just rememeber.....skin is water proof! lol

Hi beanz

so what is this new toy then?

just get the waterproofs on and get out there it aint that bad as long as you stay mainly upright as i found out lol

Dave

Just got my first road bike due to medical reasons (says in profile) I have to keep it small for the mo, just testing how my spine will cope.

So I have a 2010 silver and black ybr :0)

Well it arrived and I nearly bottled it ( I know what a pussy LolLolLolLol.gif) I did go out on it in the end on my own no wingman smile.gif 3 hrs of it smile.gifsmile.gif

It stayed dry but jeeez it was soooo windy.

Nice little starter bike really, everything was fine I was nice and alert smile.gif then you get some Tosser.gif blowing some wet leaves off the pavement into the road just as I was about to ride past.

Apart from that all was cool, found my bike mojo again , back/spine seems to be ok (its still early) LolLolLolLol.gif

So yeah good.gif to it all.

Great stuff beanz, they really are great little bikes, look after the brightwork now...ACF50

It is a great little bike, had my heart set on an xt I wanted to do some off roading/greenlaning but I am too short and the new model I looked at could not be lowered you could only change the seat.

My aim is to get fit asap and access the situation next spring/summer to then decide if to go for the sports bike type style I have always wanted, failing that a duke monster :thumb: nice upright position lovely sound too ;)

hi, beanz, hope you fix up as good as new,

i wrote a post about a girl near me who fractured her spine the other month,

you realy do need to listen to the docs when the advise you to take it easy,

but hay, well done on your first steps to recovery,

and beanz make you fart by the way. :biglaugha:

hi, beanz, hope you fix up as good as new,

i wrote a post about a girl near me who fractured her spine the other month,

you realy do need to listen to the docs when the advise you to take it easy,

but hay, well done on your first steps to recovery,

and beanz make you fart by the way. :biglaugha:

Yep I agree to a certain extent....I have been told to be careful, I have compromised I got an upright rather than a sports/race rep :) also turned down the opportunity to passenger a sidecar again at the weekend but a classic not an F1 this time ....totally gutted but that is pushing my limits just a bit too soon

I got told 1 in 5 chance I may have a relapse, I say you know what there is a 4 in 5 chance I wont, some may think I am stupid but life goes on :)

I have chose the 125 to test how I go, time will tell and if any problems start I will stop straight away, being paralysed was not fun...:(

lol at beanz bit at end...cheeky monkey :)

na your not stupid, i wouldn't expect you to wrap up in cotton wool,

but wear the right protection , be alert , and don't take unnessasery risks.

cabage is another one,, phewwwww.

I totally agree with ya girl! i too have a spinal injury, (not as bad as you have had it ) i slipped two discs, straightend the lumber spine, in result my discs are degenerating faster than normal and i have siatiker all from a accident when i was serving in the Army. Been through rehab etc and im ok but still not 100% but at the age of 23 i aint gunna let it stop me and nor should it stop you (which as we can see its not lol)

Crack on and get your test done (not sure how old you are but if your over 21 get your direct access done soon) and get your self a monster i test rode one and its fantastic for both upright possision and for a bit of knee down shits and giggles, i also had a spin on a Suzuki sv 650 which i found a bit too over the tank and after a 20min ride i had to turn back and get off as my back wouldn't take any more.

I totally agree with ya girl! i too have a spinal injury, (not as bad as you have had it ) i slipped two discs, straightend the lumber spine, in result my discs are degenerating faster than normal and i have siatiker all from a accident when i was serving in the Army. Been through rehab etc and im ok but still not 100% but at the age of 23 i aint gunna let it stop me and nor should it stop you (which as we can see its not lol)

Crack on and get your test done (not sure how old you are but if your over 21 get your direct access done soon) and get your self a monster i test rode one and its fantastic for both upright possision and for a bit of knee down shits and giggles, i also had a spin on a Suzuki sv 650 which i found a bit too over the tank and after a 20min ride i had to turn back and get off as my back wouldn't take any more.

I sat on a cbr 600 in the shop to see the seating position (did look at maybe getting a cbr 125 repsol rep) I def will not beable to ride distance on a sports bike. I can feel it in my shoulders this morning after doing 40 miles yesterday.

I am way way past 21.....(36 but shhhh dont tell anyone :rolleyes: ) my issues are not being able to pick up the bike if I drop it or handling the weight of a big bike at the moment esp on corners, am having regular physio and hydrotherapy, its looking good :) the hospital I was in made everything worse tbh I was progressing onto something called cauda equina syndrome (loss of bowel and bladder function) and it can not be reversed, you have 8 hour time slot to get into theatre to relieve the pressures, I had to wait 4 hours for an ambulance to transfer me to a london hospital as it was a Friday night and for some reason all the drunks got priority :( I was in theatre within 13 hours...and a 4 hour op.......so so lucky I am fine now.....everything works as it should :) :) I get told that I am an abnormal case due to my quick recovery time and the things I can do........(some may agree with the abnormal bit :crazy: ) :spin2:

Nothing wrong with the YBR, i did my test on one before getting my leg over on the XJ600... bit too much vibration in the 125 for my liking if im honest though, but like you point out its a good riding position.

and remember, keep a leg down each side and your mind in the middle...

Well bit of an update (if anyone cares lol) had a mega rideout on Saturday to Snetterton and back with a mate riding along with me on his Triumph racking up over 200 miles :)

Got thrown in the deepend, on the way back we got soaked right through, visor steaming up (noted to get pinlock) roads were flooding and the winds were really high...and my head light blew on the way home so had to come home on full beam as that's all I had, not to mention the suckin rabbits :shakeno:

Good experience was gained on Saturday .........Think I have clocked up about 400 miles now on it from when it arrived 4 days ago :)

Its all good :)

of course we care its always nice to get an update :)

and i know what its like to be soaked through but i wasnt too far from home at the time luckily

i had to google what pinlock was as i never heard of it before and find it looks like a great product plus now i know what they pins are for on my visor lol so cheers for that

Welcome along Beanz

Hope your road to recovery is fast and all works out good.

On a down side,,,,, i think sports bikes are out for ya,,,,, anything that is going to have ya lying over the tank is gonna be too sore on your back.

Theres plenty of big power bikes that have sight up straight position and can do nearly everything a sports bike can,,,,,,,well on the roads anyway...

Best of luck with the YBR there a grand wee bike.

Pat

Welcome along Beanz

Hope your road to recovery is fast and all works out good.

On a down side,,,,, i think sports bikes are out for ya,,,,, anything that is going to have ya lying over the tank is gonna be too sore on your back.

Theres plenty of big power bikes that have sight up straight position and can do nearly everything a sports bike can,,,,,,,well on the roads anyway...

Best of luck with the YBR there a grand wee bike.

Pat

it's called the sit up and beg position pat, all women should do it.... :biglaugha:

Up Yours: behave yourself or we will put you back in the old peoples home!.

good to hear atleast somebody is still riding, my XJ is still sat under a tarp with various assorted MOT failures :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online