Reducing Vibration

SirBieber
This post is 4732 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm wondering if there are ANY tips or parts that could help in this department. As a rider I dont mind it too much but the bike, meh. I've had glasses fuses get pulled apart at their metal ends, a license plate crack where it gets bolted down, mirrors vibrate so much you can't make out what you see from them above 65mph, and bolts get unscrewed and fall off. I've replaced all these things bit its kind of like... (can't think of a good analogy right now)... I want to cure the root of the problem instead of just suppressing the symptoms. I would basically feel more comfortable going on a long distance ride on this thing without having to hear a new sound of something beginning to vibrate/come loose etc every time i do.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm wondering if there are ANY tips or parts that could help in this department. As a rider I dont mind it too much but the bike, meh. I've had glasses fuses get pulled apart at their metal ends, a license plate crack where it gets bolted down, mirrors vibrate so much you can't make out what you see from them above 65mph, and bolts get unscrewed and fall off. I've replaced all these things bit its kind of like... (can't think of a good analogy right now)... I want to cure the root of the problem instead of just suppressing the symptoms. I would basically feel more comfortable going on a long distance ride on this thing without having to hear a new sound of something beginning to vibrate/come loose etc every time i do.

how old are your tyres, shocks , have you stripped and checked your forks ,when did your last replace the fork oil , but it could be the rubber engine mounts that are passed the sell by date ?

Start from the tarmac and move up, like Al says tyres, wheel balance, wheel bearings, swing arm bearings, fork seals, head bearing etc etc, sometimes you can tell if its engine or frame/cycle parts that are causing the BUZZZZZ

awesome thanks the for tips guys, lots can be done seems like. Its funny I made a custom camera mount on my handlebars to hold my coolpix. Without testing it I filmed for about 45 min and got home really excited about the footage. due to the vibration you cant see ANYTHING clearly except for when I have stopped at stop signs, ha!