Hi new lady yamaha R6 owner

R6OCD
This post is 4772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to everyone, just purchased a Yamaha R6 2003 model. First yamaha for me and trying to get used to the ride! Off to Bruges in a few weeks on it with some other bikers so hopefully will be a lot more in control- here's hoping! Thanks Diane

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome.

Enjoy Bruges but be careful of the cobbled roads in and around there, especially when wet. Very slippy. Good eating just off the main square.

Hi thanks for that, I am not good on cobbled roads so god help me - do have a knack of dropping the bike also while static so I hope I do not do that on the new bike!! will have to be careful. Sharon who has a BMW GS is only very small and just about touches the floor with her tip toes so that will be fun!! not! We are staying close to the centre so should be convenient (apart from the cobbles that is).

Hi and welcome to the 'ward' Diane :huh:

I know a joke about Nuns and cobbles :mellow:

Hi and welcome to the 'ward' Diane :huh:

I know a joke about Nuns and cobbles :mellow:

Joke 'nuns and cobbles' Mmm....... thanks for the welcome.

Greetings Dianne, one of the 'Cheshire Set' :welcome: shiney side up, let's have no bruises in Bruges

Hi to you too. Ride/drive through Glossop all the time as my partner lives in Dore in Sheffield. He has a triumph Sprint and we met up with a Triumph bike run to Squires last Sunday and the meeting place was at Glossop station - yet more cobbles and a nightmare also especially when leaving the exit from the station!!! :blink: Only been my 2nd time on the Yamaha too.

:welcome: to the YOC

bruges, lovely place. try the blonde beer there MMMMM! B)

Thanks, I'm a wine drinker though and will definitely be trying that and more.....

Joke 'nuns and cobbles' Mmm....... thanks for the welcome.

I'm crap at telling jokes :unsure: , it was about Nuns, cobbles and bicycles- :huh: , I think, Mike1949 will know it, he'll be along soon ;)

Hi to you too. Ride/drive through Glossop all the time as my partner lives in Dore in Sheffield. He has a triumph Sprint and we met up with a Triumph bike run to Squires last Sunday and the meeting place was at Glossop station - yet more cobbles and a nightmare also especially when leaving the exit from the station!!! :blink: Only been my 2nd time on the Yamaha too.

did you go on to the railway museum after. B) i had planned to go from the triumph dealers in manchester but forgot about the clocks going forward, :blink:

You mean at Dinting Paul? It closed in 1991 mate :rolleyes:

no not there. the ride was from manchester then glossop on to squires and the national railway museum in york.

did you go on to the railway museum after. B) i had planned to go from the triumph dealers in manchester but forgot about the clocks going forward, :blink:

Hi, not been on laptop this weekend...Not quite sure they started from Youles in Manchester but we met them at Glossop station. They were going to York after Squires but then decided to go somewhere else but we stayed at Squires in the shop too long and they had left. Think they meet at pub in Denton tomorrow, first Tuesday in the month!!!! Went to last 2 mtgs. :rolleyes:

Welcome OCD. Denton " Stockport , aint it, :unsure: I bought a Rd400C yellow , from there , couple years ago.

Comon Jammer " spill the joke you tease :)