Number 2 son passed his CBT today

DirtyDT
This post is 4813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I got a text from number 2 son earlier in the week. He said he was looking to do his CBT and get a 125 to commute on. He has had a full car licence for several years but he, and his other half, only have space for one car. He lives in Essex so I pointed him to a CBT centre near him. I thought he planned to take the CBT later in the Month and was still investigating the in's and out's however, he texted me a while ago and said that he had passed the CBT today. He is looking for a 125 supermoto, trials or TW type bike.

To be honest I am proud he passed but am worried as a father. A little greedy of me really as I have got so much out of riding. I guess even with kids in their mid to late 20's there is still the "protective father" in me!

It was quite a biking day as I cleaned the SV and lubed the chain. Used some SDoc100 cleaner (which came today) it was a free gift with a subscription to Bike magazine I got at Chrimbo. Recommended but then again I don't know what it costs to actually buy!!

Anyway lets see how number 2 son gets on and hope he has more skill and less balls than I did at his age!!

Well done Nick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I was worried when my daughter passed her full test direct access and wanted to ride my bandit, I had to lower it both the bike and a cut down seat, she is 5foot not much and quite light and every time she was out I felt sick until she came back, I think it's the lack of experience really, I have ridden since being 14...she had f*ck all experience...not like us who went 125 - 175 - 250 etc etc. Any way last year she didnt ride at all so this year I am not insuring her. At least your lad will ride a 125, not a 200+ kilo bandit. I know though, its still a worry but has to be a better more controllable machine.

That reminds me of when the wife took the car out for the first time to visit her mum and dad just after she passed her driving test. I was a bag of nerves. After about 15 minutes of driving, she phoned me to say she had broken down and could I help. "What's the problem? I asked.

"The carbuaretta is flooded" She said.

"Blimey" "How do you know that?"

"Because the car's in the river!"

That reminds me of when the wife took the car out for the first time to visit her mum and dad just after she passed her driving test. I was a bag of nerves. After about 15 minutes of driving, she phoned me to say she had broken down and could I help. "What's the problem? I asked.

:lol: O dear me, that did make me laugh.

Congrats on the young fella passin the test, Dirty

Not much ya can do but worry,,,,,,try an drill it into his head about the dangers,,,,,,after that he's gonna do his own thing anyway.

Best thing that can happen to him is to have a very scary moment,,,,after that he might have his witts about him.

Pat " that ones as old as the Giants Causeway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

DirtyDT

I know what you mean when you say you are a bit apprehensive about your son getting a bike. My 23 yr old daughter bought a '08 ZZR250 in January. She has no riding experience either. My wife and I were talking about this today and compared to me, my wife, who also rides, needs to take a couple valium. It is a worry, but most of us never have a serious problem.

I agree with 2 Wheels that the best thing that can happen to her is to have a scary moment (one with no damage to her or her bike) in the first week that she starts to ride. In BC, much like the UK, new riders have to take a bike course and then pass a written and riding exam.

Pat

Your joke made me smile also. It may be old over there, but on this side of the pond its new. :lol:

Rocky

Thanks guys.

He has been driving for about 7 years so has a fair bit of road experience. He will have to see how it goes as he is responsible for his own decisions. To be honest, if he enjoys it, I can see him getting a classic lambretta as he is into that kind of scene.

Cheers Mike. The old ones are the best! Did she dip her headlights are the same time :unsure: .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online