DT175MX MPG

NE0
This post is 4818 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

Been using the new bike for a few weeks now , rain or shine...mostly rain!!!

Got unbelievably soaked on Saturday during a 40 minute downpour, but heh I'm using it!

However, it didn't help when it died at the lights! thinking it was the rain I was frantically kicking it over much to the amusement of the car drivers behind me, although in the downpour I'm surprised they could actually see me.

As I rolled it over to the kerb I noticed the mileometer (odometer if your pedantic :lol: ) with 90 miles, I remembered I did zero it when I filled up last, a quick turn of the petcock to reserve and it sprang into life!...and it was still chucking it down. Good old DT.

I don't know how big the reserve is so I filled up at the nearest station...just as the rain stopped!

So I was just wondering how many miles do you fellow 175MX riders get, is 90 about right? less? more?,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Guys

Been using the new bike for a few weeks now , rain or shine...mostly rain!!!

Got unbelievably soaked on Saturday during a 40 minute downpour, but heh I'm using it!

However, it didn't help when it died at the lights! thinking it was the rain I was frantically kicking it over much to the amusement of the car drivers behind me, although in the downpour I'm surprised they could actually see me.

As I rolled it over to the kerb I noticed the mileometer (odometer if your pedantic :lol: ) with 90 miles, I remembered I did zero it when I filled up last, a quick turn of the petcock to reserve and it sprang into life!...and it was still chucking it down. Good old DT.

I don't know how big the reserve is so I filled up at the nearest station...just as the rain stopped!

So I was just wondering how many miles do you fellow 175MX riders get, is 90 about right? less? more?,

Kin ell, 90 miles. So that would be a stock DT 175mx then. And ridden far too sensibly :P

Throw a couple of sporty bits on like a pipe and reeds and its more like 60, well its what i get out of mine ridden enthusiasticly. Although it does spend a lot of its time on country roads, and if i'm honest it is running rich. So i could get a bit more but 90 sounds pretty damn good. Thats got to be 80odd to the gallon.

Oh and if you do use reserve, fill up asap cos it aint much. 10mile tops.

Scary fact for you, the first time i filled the tank on my DT, from bone dry i might add it cost me....

ready......

sitting down........

£1.80........ :o

£1.80.. I didn't even get that as change from a tenner!

in fact i got £1.20.. I must have been running on vapour! :D

Nice to know the mileage is expected. I'll keep on eye on the mileometer!

...and I MUST remember to keep the oil tank filled up. :o

I assume it will need to be topped up around the same time as the fuel?

...and I MUST remember to keep the oil tank filled up. :o

I assume it will need to be topped up around the same time as the fuel?

Cynic " we"l let you answer this one ---..............................................................:D =:lol:

Cynic " we"l let you answer this one ---..............................................................:D =:lol:

Cough. cough... ahem, Thanks blackie you scottish........

No it doesent need topping up that often, mine is running at around a pint 500ml every 250-300miles. Although after the 'incident' i now have a gallon of the stuff in the garage and check/top up from that at the weekend.

When the light comes on providing it works( :P blackie) at around 300 ish miles you will have around a third of a tank left.

The scottish 'gentleman' is refering to me running out of 2 stroke after the squires meet due to a duff warning light. 500miles and basically had the "haven't put any oil in in a while" thought as she nipped up. Thankfully she appears to be ok, (touch wood).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online