Motobike test!! :)

Judzehh
This post is 4854 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey again peeeps! :)

Been and booked a assesment today, So 9 o clock tomorow ill be on a 125 to see how much i have to pay for my test !

Couple of months ill be on a bigger bike :D, Any Ideas on what bike to get? I'd Like a nice Sports bike but im not to sure yet

WISH ME LUCK?! :)

Jordan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

very best of luck with the test Jordan, yep bikes can be restricted but it will cost silly money, look out for a restricted bike when buying and make sure it has the fitters certificate to go with it your insurance company will want proof that the bike has been restricted :)

Say it to every1 asking the question.

Ninja 250. Dead on 33bhp,keeps up with much bigger bikes, and handles perfectly (if you set your preload right...)

Saying that, a good friend of mine has a VFR400, it's very very nice

What's yer budget?

Chris

Restricting a bike to 33 bhp will cost around £100 and you will need a certificate from the fitter to say it has been restriced for insurance purposes only, if a policeman happens to stop you, you do not have to produce the certificate, therefore if you get bored of 33 bhp you can take the restrictor off of it but keep the certificate, however if you do buy a bike with more then 33 bhp with the intention of restricting it dont be heartbroken if you get passed by little rs 125's as your bike will be heavier then there's and is not purpose built to have such low bhp, hope this helps :)

Restricting a bike to 33 bhp will cost around £100 and you will need a certificate from the fitter to say it has been restriced for insurance purposes only, if a policeman happens to stop you, you do not have to produce the certificate, therefore if you get bored of 33 bhp you can take the restrictor off of it but keep the certificate, however if you do buy a bike with more then 33 bhp with the intention of restricting it dont be heartbroken if you get passed by little rs 125's as your bike will be heavier then there's and is not purpose built to have such low bhp, hope this helps :)

and if youre involved in an accident your'e shafted!

and if youre involved in an accident your'e shafted!

Aye, and dont be putting our insurance up, by doing that sort of shit !!!

EDIT: Best of luck with the test Jordan, keep cool on test day and ride as ya have been practicing.

Well i get my first years no claims in august, so i want to wait till then to insure a bigger bike, but i want the bike in my garage waiting for that day, wouldent want to pay more then 2500 tbh

and thanks everybody :)

I'd go with the ZZR 250, no point in going out and getting anything bigger (trust me I know).

I had my Bandit N600 with the restriction kit etc. for the crappy 2 year period... Not fun

Fuel consumption for some horrid reason went up and well... the performance was lacking to say the least.

It'd get up to 80-90 no probs but it was so mind numbingly boring it hurt!

If you want something that will still perform well I'd say get the ZZR 250, Restricting an engine can't

always be a good thing! Unfortunately not the easiest bike to come across however... found this site which

may be of use to you. has a decent list of bikes that are 33bhp or slightly (very slightly) under.

http://www.bat-motorcycles.co.uk/33bhp.asp

Best of luck with the test!!

Liam

Never had to show my 'restriction' certificate to an insurance company. You buy a big bike you pay a big premium, particularly if you are young and have only recently passed your test. All they are interested in - when did you pass your test. They expect you to ride legally, they are not paid to police it. Matters not to them because if you have an accident on an unrestricted bike in the two year period they don't pay out.

You're on a Yam forum talking about a Krapasaki? For shame!

An absolutely brilliant way to spend your 2 years at 33bhp would be on a Yam SRX400:

SRX_400_1990.jpg

Cracking wee bike that can embarrass many a larger machine round the twisties - 2 years on one of these and you'll know all there is to know about cornering! Problem is finding one for sale .....

An absolutely brilliant way to spend your 2 years at 33bhp would be on a Yam SRX400:

SRX_400_1990.jpg

KirriePete

That is Indeed a nice lookin bike !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online