Amsterdam and European coast

This post is 4840 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Please check map:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=The+Ace+Cafe,+London&daddr=Harwich+to:Amsterdam,+The+Netherlands+to:Vlaardingen,+The+Netherlands+to:Hellevoetsluis,+The+Netherlands+to:Ouddorp,+The+Netherlands+to:Renesse,+The+Netherlands+to:Middelburg,+The+Netherlands+to:Brugge,+Flemish+Region,+Belgium+to:Dunkirk,+France+to:Calais,+France+to:Dover+to:The+Ace+Cafe,+London&hl=en&geocode=FVZ1EgMdpcL7_yG5vTbkXpQHFQ%3BFWeBGAMdV44TAClBEf1bwwzZRzE-GZpwRsBsyA%3BFUAmHwMdPqZKAClVd5qUtT_GRzGNr8C3TP0AZg%3BFW8NGAMd7ipCACl_XWJIIEvERzGK2JYJb0XGqw%3BFS3pFgMdxzg_ACm3PXDVkFHERzFXyODR-VlL9Q%3BFTCLFgMd5As8ACkb-1rSKPjERzGEIS-UM1aghw%3BFVpbFQMdNYw5ACnNIjjClfHERzFWRrBE5aJ0tA%3BFeDTEQMdmy83AClnUl0GRI7ERzG00eqwWzFfnQ%3BFfxmDQMdsiMxACkNQh7B0FDDRzH3TYPIWvOiGg%3BFbS4CgMddEQkACm5IP_ZbYvcRzGgbWSBPvEKBA%3BFc2OCQMd_UMcAClj4_HXdT_cRzH0edKM4Nm-rA%3BFWktDAMdoQEUACn_MjNV0aTeRzFRSNdah1x4Mg%3BFVZ1EgMdpcL7_yG5vTbkXpQHFQ&mra=ls&sll=50.9982,2.419739&sspn=0.916135,2.705383&ie=UTF8&ll=52.011937,2.922363&spn=3.584262,10.821533&t=h&z=7

So, who's up for this? Next summer, obviously, and I won't be on my Yammy (I'll be on me Ninja), but hopefully I'll be able to get plenty of other people on this ride.

Pretty much pick it up or meet wherever you want along route, will be a laugh.

I hope to get as many riders on this as possible. Obviously L plates cannot join on this one - regrettably - as it's abroad. Saying that - if ya fancy coming along, partake at your own peril...

The plan for most will be to head up to Harwich from the Ace Cafe in London. From there it's a cheap ferry across to Hoek van Holland and then up to Amsterdam.

From there, we'll follow the coast back, across all the little islands, stopping off at Brugge. I'm still considering a suggestion to visit the Menin Gate in Ypres, it's a maybe at the moment, depends on the general consensus.

Currently, 7 others have confirmed that they will go on the trip. The more the merrier so don't shy out!

It will be in June at the earliest... but thought I should get planning ahead.

Any route detours/suggestions welcome.

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have booked to travel out to europe on the 18th of may so will still be out there in june,so will keep an eye on this thread and depending on what dates your there will try and meet up.

triumph tt600 or triumph daytona 675 as my fz600 needs a lot of work doing on it and to busy at the moment to get it done. paul

Well criss" its a long way off, but we"ll see nearer the time ,, busy schedule rally & runs planned, will keep an eye on this thread tho ,

Wheres C.b.Dave, :unsure: im surprised he aint going, :)

Well criss" its a long way off, but we"ll see nearer the time ,, busy schedule rally & runs planned, will keep an eye on this thread tho ,

Wheres C.b.Dave, :unsure: im surprised he aint going, :)

I am seriously considering it for Early febuary.

It's my 18'th on the 4th Feb, and would love to go over in the school half term holiday with whoever is up for it! I've already got confirmation from a few mates with their cars, my supervisor at work on his CBR600, his mate on the Thunder-cat, and "maybe's" from a man with a trike.

It's going to be so fun, everyone is welcome - would love to meet some of ya all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am seriously considering it for Early febuary.

It's my 18'th on the 4th Feb, and would love to go over in the school half term holiday with whoever is up for it! I've already got confirmation from a few mates with their cars, my supervisor at work on his CBR600, his mate on the Thunder-cat, and "maybe's" from a man with a trike.

It's going to be so fun, everyone is welcome - would love to meet some of ya all!

BUMP:

Any names? Would love to get some more bikes confirmed.

It will definitely be in the Febuary half term.

Chris

Chris, do you know which dates over half-term? I was toying with a run to Spain, but the Netherlands would be cheaper and I usually ride through there when in Europe rather than making a much of an effort to stop and see it.

I might be tempted to join up with you guys in The Hague or Amsterdam, as i'd prefer to cross Dover to Boulogne-sur-Mer/Calais/Dunkirk, and rat it up the E40 and the E19 (because i'm a cheap-skate!).

Do you know what sort of accomodation your taking.

A bit more info would just help me make some decisions.

cheers

Merv

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for not replying sooner.

Ride is POSTPONED until summer now, due to my leg being broken in a devastating CRASH.

cuntfuck woman ruined my holiday!

Chris

sorry for not replying sooner.

Ride is POSTPONED until summer now, due to my leg being broken in a devastating CRASH.

cuntfuck woman ruined my holiday!

Chris

No worries Chris, get better. If i go anywhere it'll be Spain (realistically i need to spend the week replacing the lpg system on my car though - £1.25 per litre for senzo, damn)

No worries Chris, get better. If i go anywhere it'll be Spain (realistically i need to spend the week replacing the lpg system on my car though - £1.25 per litre for senzo, damn)

Well Merv. Did ya get the TDM back togeather and running smooth ? B)

Well Merv. Did ya get the TDM back togeather and running smooth ? B)

yeah TDM is going well, just been out with a mate (him on his 'busa) and did 60 miles around Glastonbury. He couldn't keep up, as it was too damp and muddy for him to get the power down. :lol:

MOT'd it at the start of Jan.

Just waiting for another mate to finish the spray-job; he's been busy with car-stuff.

Cheers guys.

I'll try and confirm some dates as soon as I possibly can :)

If those interested could say "yay" (as opposed to "nay") please let me know or PM me.

Chris

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online