Disc brake lock stuck!

Gazza M
This post is 4853 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

paul it don't matter what you buy , someone like myself or ttask , will remove it in seconds.

they only delay us.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify - I am NOT a bike thief as Up.yours suggests. :lol:

I know how to (non-destructively) defeat many mechanical security mechanisms and I own a lot of tools designed for just that purpose... but that doesn't mean I go around doing so.

Just like I am "trained to kill" in several different ways and own lots of medieval and contemporary weaponry, but I don't go round killing people.... although perhaps I should - There's an awful lot of Chavs round this way..... :lol:

The hacksaw is one of the last resorts. It usually takes a fair while to achieve. Thieves prefer quick and quiet, in that order, wherever possible.

Just like your chain can eventually be broken/cut... But how long it takes, combined with any other security you have, visibility, likelihood of getting beaten up in the attempt, etc is what either makes your bike a target, or one that the thief ignores while he looks for an easier score...

they only delay us.

Yep, what you realy need is noise, thieves don't like noise.

......or the angry owner it brings....

See PM, mate - Also note the laughing Smiley - t'was a joke!!

And I only slightly murder people... ;)

so yeah, i wouldn't suggest a theif use a hacksaw, took about a half hour to get through it! and I had to use a screwdriver (carefully) to bend the rest of it outta the way so i could get it off...

oh, and it was an oxford titan disk lock. I've just got a chain now, seems much better! let's hope...

• 1 month later...

But its nice to discuss it here on Yamaha Club forum.

Uh... Are you one of those that spams the board and tries to poach members for your own forum?

Coz if so.... You're advertising this very forum, ON this very forum!!

:lol:

Uh... Are you one of those that spams the board and tries to poach members for your own forum?

Coz if so.... You're advertising this very forum, ON this very forum!!

:lol:

Probably trying to spam for the little link in the sig and the yoc link is merely a distraction.

Well, colour me distracted, then... I didn't even notice the other link!! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online