Did i frighten it??...

wild foamy
This post is 4922 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

have a haynes book of lies but its at home, have looked underneath but cant find any form of plug, only one i can see are the plugs on either side of the crankcase

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have a haynes book of lies but its at home, have looked underneath but cant find any form of plug, only one i can see are the plugs on either side of the crankcase

according to some parts lists (that you can access in workshop) xj600 come in various flavours...ie sd to sj

now i had a look at the sg one and i can see a plug with an o ring directly under the crank on the left of the engine...could this be for oil draining? see page 16 item 35.

I dont know what an sg is or what model yours is

On my XJ600S Diversion 1999/2000 the oil drain plug is located directly behind the oil filter, the nut itself is behind a semi circle wall of metal.

plug ) oil filter

Hope this helps

Mike

You goin to Squires then, its not as gruelling as a "run round Ireland on a 50"

quote-unquote :P

oh, im still going around Ireland, just need to find out what day they have their summer.

squires is a no-can do, too far away for me and i have prior commitments :/

• 2 months later...

my yamaha xj 600 n is also doing this , i took it to the garage and they took the tank off looked at the air filter and said it was driping from there . said not to worry about it . i recently put a little redex in the fuel and noticed this made it worse ! its now litraly pissing out a watery brown muddy oil from a drain pipe level with my side stand im guessing this is the redex condinsation maybe ,

i also notice that when i have a oil change i get a thousand miles of hardly any leaks . so i now change my oil more regualar , maybe as the oil gets thinner it causes a problem

i have no idea

, i just no to take oil with me on long journeys and stop every 100 miles to check levels . oh and also the bonus in the rain is you always have a left dry foot where oil drips on your gear change foot and waterproofs your boot so there is an upside to this :P

oh, im still going around Ireland, just need to find out what day they have their summer

Not official yet but summer will prob be a two hour period from 11.15 am on 6th June next year - normally when I'm in work!! That's why we have to bike in all weathers over here, can't just wait for the sun or we'd never get out!! :)

wow, you two revived this old thread?.

oil leak has been fixed, turned out it was overfilled (whoopsie...) so after fixing that i now have a leaky front rim (stop sniggering at the back...)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online