How long do you think my bike will last before it’s actually stolen?

Zackw
This post is 5004 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Now I know this sounds like a stupid question but I’ve almost had my bike stolen 3 times since the end of may, the first time they tried dragging it down the street with a chain attached and seeing that they couldn’t get far they decide to damage the side of the bike with a knife and scratch off the transfers; I’ve since fitted a ground anchor to where I keep it overnight

The second time I was parked about 6 meters from the sixth forms security guard and yet they managed sneak past him when he was on his break, 4 15 year old boys decided to pick it up and see how far they could walk it down the road it’s only a ybr 125 and weighs 125kg, I had a disk lock on it at the time because there was no where I could chain it up. I was then called out of an exam to pick up the bike because the wheel was locked the guard said he didn’t see them as they ran off and the schools cameras didn't capture their faces so I could do anything about it

I was recently parked outside Tesco around 7pm and several youths where trying to pull the bike off the ground anchor at Tesco, thankfully they provided ground anchors there :) they ran when I came out.

Any advice on how I can prevent this happening again? I think I need some sort of alarm on the bike but the only thing I can really get is an alarmed disk lock however I’ve been told by several dealers they’re not so good as they tend to go off randomly

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nobody has ever,,or will ever try to steal my bike,,,,,,you must just be unlucky,or your parking it in the wrong places.

Bollocks.

I use a Xena alarmed disclock and it works just fine.

Chain it to something big and immovable wherever you can and make sure the chain is far off the ground - That way, someone with bolt cutters cannot use the floor as a leverage point.

Unfortunately, you're in a high-crime area anyway, but 125s are always sought after.

Kids can joyride on them easily and they are great for pro-thieves to break and flog as parts on eBay.

Best defence is to stand next to it, holding a big stick.

remove HT lead,,,dangle it in fuel tank,,,hope it gets stole.this isnt exactly going to provent your bike being stole.but it will only get nicked once.:)

you must just be unlucky,or your parking it in the wrong places.

yep,,,,Liverpool :lol:

Guest CardBoardDave

Unfortunately, you're in a high-crime area anyway

39552-24454.jpg

"I've just spent 120 quid on me hair. If you think I'm puttin a stockin over me head you're very much mistaken" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online