Hi There

DaVinci856
This post is 5049 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all. New here, so please pardon my ill manners if this isn't the right place for this. Nothing much to say at this point than just introduce myself after joining and sitting a bit. Haven't actively ridden in more years than I care to think about (pre-kids). However, my daughter got her learner's permit a little while back, so I'll be trying to resurrect an old CT3 of mine and my brother's '91 FZR600 so that I can teach her to ride this summer. (Biggest lesson- unless things have changed, everyone on the road wants to kill you, so paranoia is just good sense.) I used to practically live on two wheels, so am looking forward to getting back in the saddle. I'm amazed that I can still get everything I've needed so far to get the CT3 running. Hope to trade a few stories in the upcoming weeks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No woriies my friend, welcome, there are quite a lot of us have or have had one of the 175's be it DT or CT so if you need any help just shout.

I'm amazed that I can still get everything I've needed so far to get the CT3 running. Hope to trade a few stories in the upcoming weeks.

You'll be even more amazed if you can get into your old leathers thats been stored in the attic all this time !

Welcome aboard :P

Failte DaVinci, To the YOC B)

You will only be after throwing the leg-over and it will all come rushing back (Yes, im still talking about the bike) to ya.:D

Good luck with preparing the bikes and your travels on the road !!!

Thanks all for the very warm welcome.

I must admit that I've already taken some silent benefit from lurking here (thanks Speedshop) when I was looking for something to clean up my rusty fuel tank back when I started this project. Although since my background is in electrical engineering I was sorely tempted to try electrolysis (partly because it would make the garage look a bit like Frankenstein's lab) after I saw the info about Deox-C I thought I'd give it a try first. Although it cost me more than the price of an entire 1 Kg bottle to ship it across the pond (it's not available here) it was pretty stunning. Before and after pics are below (if I read the instructions correctly, but I doubt it):

RustyTank.jpg

CleanTank.jpg

I'm looking forward to tomorrow when, Good Lord willing, I get to introduce the neighbors to 2 stroke sounds now that I've replaced a bunch a of rubber, rebuilt the carb, and at last will replace a sheared magneto key on the 175. Who knows, if I get really lucky, I'll also get the FZR going and I'll get a 2&4 cycle duet singing through the streets.

Keeping fingers crossed...

Thanks all for the very warm welcome.

I must admit that I've already taken some silent benefit from lurking here (thanks Speedshop) when I was looking for something to clean up my rusty fuel tank back when I started this project.  Although since my background is in electrical engineering I was sorely tempted to try electrolysis (partly because it would make the garage look a bit like Frankenstein's lab) after I saw the info about Deox-C I thought I'd give it a try first.  Although it cost me more than the price of an entire 1 Kg bottle to ship it across the pond (it's not available here) it was pretty stunning.  Before and after pics are below (if I read the instructions correctly, but I doubt it):

RustyTank.jpg

CleanTank.jpg

I'm looking forward to tomorrow when, Good Lord willing, I get to introduce the neighbors to 2 stroke sounds now that I've replaced a bunch a of rubber, rebuilt the carb, and at last will replace a sheared magneto key on the 175.  Who knows, if I get really lucky, I'll also get the FZR going and I'll get a 2&4 cycle duet singing through the streets.

Keeping fingers crossed...

Hi DaVinci, welcome to the forum.

Vez.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online