MY RD 500 's

stokeysrd
This post is 5099 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Here are some pic's of my rd 500's http://newpaintwork018.jpg

http://P1010027.jpg

They are two different bikes just the same paint job, had the faired one 16 years it was fitted with NOS crankcases + barrels 1000 mls ago.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Very nice mate

very nice

I think i rather the naked look

Welcome to the YOC cool.gif

Very nice, cool.gif The one thing that amazed me with the lc500, is when started "They sound like the RD250" I thot a V4 would sound awsome,rolleyes.gif But they fire two+ two. so thats why they sound like a twin,huh.gif

Very nice bikes, cant imagine you seeing much with them mirrors though... :P

nice bikes there :) where are those 2 pipes coming out of the back near the tail light?

They are exhaust pipes it's a V4 you would be amazed how many people ask. I was at a race meet a few years ago and saw a bloke stick his finger in one, he was not very happy when he pulled it out all covered in black smelly two stroke oil. The old girl dont like people poking her.

oh haha now it makes sence,so it has 4 exhausts then? 2 near the tail light and 2 cans on on each side?

Go to the top of the class the one with the fairing averages 20 miles per gallon + 2 stroke oil at £15 a liter you've got to feed 4 carbs 4 cylinders and it all goes out of 4 exhausts. If you take it slow you can get it up to about 25 to 30 but I dont go that slow coz pizza delivery boys keep passing me and giggling :angry:

Them top exhausts do keep your bits warm in winter :P !!!!!!!!!