Just for fun in general chat

Karen_Agusta
This post is 5105 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

If you are ever called a couch potato because you are not moving ... the reality is as follows:

1: The earth is moving within an expanding universe at roughly sixty six billion miles per hour

2: The earth on the edge of the milky way galaxy rotates in galactic orbit at two million five hundred and eighty thousand miles per hour

3: The earth rotates around the sun at sixty six thousand miles per hour

4: The earth rotates at upon its own axis at 900 mph

Thus while sitting upon that couch you are actually travelling at ....

Sixty six billion, two hundred and sixty four million, six thousand and nine hundred ... miles per hour

Thus it is not what is actually happening which matters nearly as much as the perspective from which it is viewed.

Rubber Side Down

Karen

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Karen, let me introduce you to Kirriepete, no he's not the Messia-he's a very naughty boy ! :)

KerriPete

You are absolutely awesome ! ! !

I had never even heard of that song ! ! !

I so greatly appreciate it my wonderful new friend

Rubber Side Down

Karen

Great stuff. So that means my DTR has a top speed of Sixty six billion, two hundred and sixty four million, six thousand and nine hundred and fifty five... miles per hour :D:D 

My spaceships go even faster.

One of them'll make 0.5 past Lightspeed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I made a lot of special modifications myself. It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs...

KerriPete

You are absolutely awesome ! ! !

I had never even heard of that song ! ! !

I so greatly appreciate it my wonderful new friend

Rubber Side Down

Karen

Karen,

All that time spent studying engineering, physics, quantum mechanics and the breeding characteristics of the 'Charm' quark, and no time at all studying Monty Python just tells me that your life has been wasted!

Your punishment exercise is to learn all the words, cadence and tonal inflection for the Camp Square Bashing sketch. I expect to see a video of you performing it on Youtube by Friday or you will get an 'F'.

(Just be thankful I didn't set Mr Creosote on you .....)

Just a biker chick with a PHD ...

Rubber Side Down

Karen

:blink: Daisy Duke with a PHD, hot dang !

First of all I must note here that your comment goes directly to the issue of perception, line of sight, or ... parallax vector ... Imagine you have a poorly made gauge like a vauge-lia Italian gauge ... (note why do the english drink warm beer ... because Lucas also makes refrigerators) ... Imagine the gause is truly pointed at Zero ... If you are looking directly at the gauge your parallax vector will tell you the gauge is pointed at zero ... if you are five feet to the left the gauge will tell you + 5 if you are five feet to the right the gauge will tell you - 5 thus it is not neccesarily "reality" which is important but the point from which "reality" is veiwed ... as the example of why anyone would pay a ton of money for a Hardly Ableson when for far less they could get a V Star which would kick it's tail all over the place ... As it is in this case ... where anyone may think a student of enginering and quantum physics would not also posess an integral understanding of Monty Pythons Flying Circus is clearly highly mistaken ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjio-F47IfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gldlyTjXk9A

... For a complete understanding of Monty Python is required to pass quantum physics 101 ... Even though we already know the answer to every question in the universe is "42" ... Though had the Vogons not blown the earth up the answer may be different . Thereby leading us to the single greatest unresolved question in physics today ... that being ... Kirk or Picard. I do not know why it is even a debate for were Kirk and Picard to be placed in ships of equal power. While Kirk gives the order to fire all phasers and photon torpedoes ... Picard would state the following: "Riker bring the ship into negotiating range - make it so"

Though I shall most assuredly agree with the prior statement of:

All that time spent studying engineering, physics, quantum mechanics and the breeding characteristics of the 'Charm' quark, and no time at all studying Monty Python just tells me that your life has been wasted! ... ... ... That is were I not aware of the works of Monty Python ... works of which I most assuredly am quite aware :)

Rubber Side Down My friends

Karen

Quote name='KirriePete' date='19 May 2010 - 10:38 AM' timestamp='1274265537' post='119781']

Karen,

All that time spent studying engineering, physics, quantum mechanics and the breeding characteristics of the 'Charm' quark, and no time at all studying Monty Python just tells me that your life has been wasted!

Your punishment exercise is to learn all the words, cadence and tonal inflection for the Camp Square Bashing sketch. I expect to see a video of you performing it on Youtube by Friday or you will get an 'F'.

(Just be thankful I didn't set Mr Creosote on you .....)

:blink: Daisy Duke with a PHD, hot dang !

TAKE 2

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I think ill take the look of the "parallax vector" view

Then take a "quantum" leap from a high bridge

The "physics" of the "universe" will bring me quickly to the ground

And just maby ill see "Monty Python" on my way down. wacko.gif

You are correct ... I did miss Archer ... bad trekkie ... bad :)

Janeway ??? I hate to say this being female ... but she does not add in

Rubber Side Down

Karen

pull my finger, oh and, for the captain debate you missed Archer, he was fearless, and of course Janeway, she was....um...also a captain...???

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online