MOT Failed (Shcker - any help?)

mits007
This post is 5103 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

Am after some advice / expertise...

Gabby failed her MOT,

Rear monoshock weeping, soon after, so was I...

OEM part is like 500 smackaroonies....

Any1 suggest where I can get a good replacement for a reasonable price?

bike details:

XVS Dragstar Custom

P reg'd

many thanks,

-Mits-

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hagon shocks are THE best, especially for a 650 Drag ;)

I think their own website offers free delivery, too....

There are 2 part numbers for the XVS.. I presume mine will be M62038?.. P regd bike = Sept 1996 to August 1997

Aye, that's the one.

More expensive than I remember, though...

This any good to you?

Basic jobbie's but yours would be somewhere between 99 and 180 quid. (You need to contact them for a quote)

According to the Hagon website your bike shares its shock with the 91on 600 divvy.

Betor shocks

hmmmmmmmmmm... sorry, but please could you explain 600 divvy?... is that a diversion?.. (XJ?)

so you reckon I could get a new diversion rear monoshock and it would fit the bill?...

Regards,

-Mits-

This any good to you?

Basic jobbie's but yours would be somewhere between 99 and 180 quid. (You need to contact them for a quote)

According to the Hagon website your bike shares its shock with the 91on 600 divvy.

Betor shocks

OOOOaaaaaaahhh I'm almost orgasming.... (Sorry... Too much excitement!)

Oldgit (not that you are or that I'm calling you one or anything) - but thats what your name is hmmm?!!?. :-)

So what should I do?... used shocker... could be in the same situation in 6 months?.. or could I get a new divvy monoshock (divvy is a diversion is it?!?!)

Please help me!...

Many thanks for all your help people,

-Mits-

Your lucky day mits?

Sixty quid BIN

B)

hmmmmmmmmmm... sorry, but please could you explain 600 divvy?... is that a diversion?.. (XJ?)

so you reckon I could get a new diversion rear monoshock and it would fit the bill?...

Regards,

-Mits-

Thays what 'Cynic' is saying, check it out on the Hagon site for yourself, 91 onwards 600 diversion. ;)

I have asked for a quote from Hagon, and its 295 inc. VAT & delivery

Is it worth getting the one from EBAY do you reckon?....

I suppose in the meantime, I could get the opne off my bike rebuilt?..

hmmm there is this guy who has a diversion at work.... heh heh heh!...

Thays what 'Cynic' is saying, check it out on the Hagon site for yourself, 91 onwards 600 diversion. ;)

Is it worth getting the one from EBAY do you reckon?....

I would consider it, but first make sure its for your bike, make sure the seller will accept returns, and ask if it is in full working order, old is not necesarily bad. My DT has 38000 miles on a 1979 shocker B)

Dont make em like they used too! :rolleyes:

Hi all, well this shocker on Ebay, has a returns policy and is of a yam dragstar classic... (Mine being the custom)

Doing some digging around, it appears it will fit, can any of you experts give me a nice warm confirming nod?!?..

regards,

-Mits-

Hi all, well this shocker on Ebay, has a returns policy and is of a yam dragstar classic... (Mine being the custom)

Doing some digging around, it appears it will fit, can any of you experts give me a nice warm confirming nod?!?..

regards,

-Mits-

Those bector shocks, how much would one of theirs have been. Reason i ask is if they only want say 100 quid for a new one the second hand one may not be such a bargain.

Cynic:

Have asked for a price mate, just waiting for them to get back to me...

I just dont want the one on ebay to go!... decisions decisions!...

• 2 weeks later...