Waterprof suit ???

2 Wheels
This post is 5162 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What do you lot think of these all-in-one suits.

Would they be any good (dry + warm) for short trips into town and back.

Its make is: Spada and its just an over-suit (pull over cloths) and Nylon lined. £45 quid

medscaleSpada-407-Motorbike-Waterproof-1pc-Oversuit-Red-1.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Short trips:

Dry - Yes.

Warm - Very, since they stop a lot of wind-chill.

Long trips:

Warm - As above. Bloody brilliant things!!

Dry - After a few rides, my 1-piece suits always go, usually in the crotch. Being on a Cruiser, I then get a puddle of COLD rainwater forming around my 'guy-bits' that slowly seeps in through the stitching gaps.

I had a great (but expensive) Lewis Leathers all-in-one suit. The salesman could unpack it and put it on, all zipped up in just over one minute. Same time for taking it off, folding it up and packing it back in it's carry system. I beat his record (under 1 minute) and got it half-price.

That suit was fantastic... except the bastard main zip busted when I stopped in the middle of nowhere to don it, since it had started to pee down... :o<_<

I usually keep an eye out for the Lidl sales of cheap bike kit and then pick up two of their rainsuits for about a tenner each. Even if they only last one year, they're good enough value and work well enough.

However, donning a 1-piece is a bit hassle-some and I'm thinking of switching to a 2-piece suit.

Guest MaD.VeZ

I have the spada jacket and pants. Quality seems good, but even in warmish weather i sweat like crazy as the jacket and pants aren't very breathable. Never been wet yet and only get cold occasionally around the middle, so a one piece should stop that, sounds like a good deal for the price. 

Vez.

i have also got the spada jacket and pants never been cold but been wet on long journeys but like taskmaster i look out for the cheap rainsuit for over the top from lidl or aldi normally last me a good year or two as good as the more expensive ones and get a good write up in the bike mags.

aldi have a special buy on motor bike gear sunday the 21st, 12.99 for rainsuit at that priceworth a go.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_13433.htm

bought the gloves last time and yes they were windproof and waterproof put my more expensive ones to shame. :D

I uses alot of 2 piece waterproofs for off road work, the first set was HG and cost around £50 for the pants, lasted about 45 minutes til I ripped and melted them on the hot pipes!

The longest lasting pants I have a are Spada, cheap, on warm days you'll sweat like a swede in a sauna but they last for ages and keep the outside wet out.

I've tried lots of one-piece suits, and it's the same as taskmaster and oldtimer point out, look out for the cheap stuff as they all rip and tear when your trying to put them on, on the roadside when you are usually a little wet too.

These days, I treat waterproof stuff as a consumable..... and always buy a roll of ducktape to keep them lasting past the little holes you develope...

I also have a rally suit, the waterproof liner is on the inside and in three years and close to 50,000 miles has never let in a drop - but these are expensive, and not really suited to anything but adventure style bikes.

I have a Spada 2 piece, it leaks at the gooly area too but is ok for the price-plenty of armour, I generaly carry a thin 1 piece shell to go over my leathers for wet weather-packs away small, looks like a good buy Pat for the money, does it have armour/padding ? :mellow:

I've had both 1 & 2-piece suits in the past.....they ALL eventually leak in the crotch area (NO matter what type of bike you ride) <_<

I really like the Frank Thomas Aqua suit that I had....lasted 3 years of daily riding before the zipper finally gave out.

I now use it for a back-up snowSuit for Skiing.....works awesome! :D

Another trick I learned from Skiing....is to use a Trashcan liner with the corners punched out for your legs to slip through.....as a liner UNDER the said leaking suit. ;)

Looks like a giant plastic diaper when on :lol: ....but NObody see's that under the suit! :D

Best way to arrive @ work with DRY family jewels during the winter months. :P

Well ok then, so there good but dont last long.

So ill stick to a cheep one. This one looks ok and not to dear. It isnt armoured and only has toughened elbow and knee areas.

What I want it for is pulling on over my ordinary cloaths just to nip into town for milk or something. I know there's no protection in them if in a crash but hopefully that wont happen.

The reason I asked is because once before I had one and it was great but sadly its nackered and in the bin ages ago. Lasted 2 years or more though.

It had a heavily padded inside and zips down the front and the legs covered with zip seals, it was great, warm, dry and realy cosy, but it was very dear. I got it in a fishing/angeling shop---- they have some good stuff and worth checking them out---- but you'll pay for them.

Came across this Spada one and hoped it would be something the same.

Know what you mean by getting the Lidl one cheep and keep getting them. Im looking for a middle of the road one that wont hurt my pocket (resesion ya know ur-self)

Migh take a chance on this one and hope for the best!

Ta All thumb.gif

I have the Spada jacket (same bright red glow in the dark colour) and it has never let me down, completely dry even in the wettest of weather, and totally windproof.

Woah, woah, woah.... ARMOUR in a waterproof suit??!!

I've never heard of waterproofs that have armour, simply because it's just a plastic oversuit and your jacket/trousers that it goes over should have armour in them. Two sets of armour is silly and overly bulky.

You can have waterproof textiles with armour in them... This is not an oversuit though, but normal kit. Do not confuse armoured textiles with waterproof oversuits - It confoozes the Newbies!! <_<:lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online