Wootton Bassett

Rich_B
This post is 5218 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

An Islamic group said to have links to an extremist movement is planning to march through the Wiltshire town of Wootton Bassett.

OVER MY DEAD BODY

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

An Islamic group said to have links to an extremist movement is planning to march through the Wiltshire town of Wootton Bassett.

OVER MY DEAD BODY

the group you are talking about is ISLAM4UK IS AN EXTREMISTS ISLAMIC GROUP & DOES NOT REPRESENT THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY IN THIS COUNTRY.

there is a group on facebook NO TO THE PLANNED ISLAM4UK MARCH THROUGH WOOTTON BASSETT

THIS GROUP IS NOT A POLITICAL GROUP & ANY PROMOTING OF ANY POLITICAL PARTY GROUP...RESPECT WOOTTEN BASSETT & ALL IT STANDS FOR ARE THE AIMS OF THE GROUP.

i joined this group when i became aware of islam4uk via a ex service mans site it has grown in a matter of days to over 280,000 people,in 24hrs over160,000 people have joined.

OVER MY DEAD BODY

IM WITH YOU.....

if they want to march let them

out in the afgan desert towards the coalition guns ;)

if they dont like the western way ....head back east!!!!!!

I think the biggest problem here is that a place in the country that welcoms the forces personel who have fallen for whatever reason is being used (if they are linked to extremists) as an attack on our morality.

If we even suggested anything so distastefull to one of these extreemists beleifs the doors of parliment wouldn't open fast enough for the politicians to jump on the bandwagon and fight their cause.

The personel and their kin are doing this because thats what they do. I have my own opinions on the fight, but i fully support our forces and wish the likes of Mr Brwon would. Forgive my spelling.

I think it shows just how far gone our system is :(

War is a profession by which a man cannot live honorably; an employment by which the soldier, if he would reap any profit, is obliged to be false, rapacious, and cruel.

Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527)

"the war on terror" is a sales pitch, and we're buying it, lock, stock and barrell :mellow:

War is a profession by which a man cannot live honorably; an employment by which the soldier, if he would reap any profit, is obliged to be false, rapacious, and cruel.

Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527)

"the war on terror" is a sales pitch, and we're buying it, lock, stock and barrell :mellow:

Apt BWJ but i think this is deaper than the soldiers themselves. They are British citizens, Wooton Basett just happens to be where they return, and the people of the village are thankfully not afraid to show support for them.

The demonstration is a symbolic up yours as far as i can see. If you did something like this in one of the middle east countries you would be lucky to live, they are not allowed to drink for crying out loud.

But they will deny us respect for the dead.

I don't care for Facebook or Islamic extremists and stand by what I first said. I would physiclly have to intervene.

Over my dead body

Apt BWJ but i think this is deaper than the soldiers themselves. They are British citizens, Wooton Basett just happens to be where they return, and the people of the village are thankfully not afraid to show support for them.

The demonstration is a symbolic up yours as far as i can see. If you did something like this in one of the middle east countries you would be lucky to live, they are not allowed to drink for crying out loud.

But they will deny us respect for the dead.

I believe these individuals should be allowed their 'protest', 'individual' is clearly what they are after all, a tiny minority within these lands of ours, the BNP were 'allowed' their 'stage' and were subsequently judged by this nation of ours.

"Hear Hear" theres plenty of room in the desert

GREAT BRITAIN!! LOVE IT, OR LEAVE IT!!!

i dont agree with the war in afganistan or iraq for the reasons the goverment give us but i also dont agree with the extremists within this country being allowed to march and force there extreme views on us, its about time the goverment in this country stopped all this political correctness nonsense and sent all these extremist on there way instead of letting them insult the people of this country yet still feel happy to come here and abuse our benifits system, the only reason they choose this country over others in europe is that they know they can come here and get away with what ever they want and if we disagree pull out the racist card.

as far as the war on terror being a sales pitch bwj tell that to the relatives of the people who died in the london bombings or 911 thats not a sales pitch its a wake up call.

I've resisted the urge to post here, but I can resist no more...

Firstly the War on Terror being a sales pitch. If the aim is to disband Al-Qaeda then that is all it can be. I've read alot on this subject and without going into a protracted debate that would never end, the long and short of it is that, because of the way 'us' westerners organise our civilisations we cannot defeat them. You cannot defeat an idea with the bullet or the bomb. The 'War on Terror' and in particulaly our involvement in Afghanistan is nothing more than an attempt to take the fight to them (being the extremists) by western Governments, who already understand we cannot win this way. Hopefully they are having a more covert war on terror whilst this smokescreen is kept in the publics eye in order for us (Joe Public) to think something is being done.

Al-Qaeda is a cell based idiealist group, and Bin Laden is it's financier and spiritual head, not it's commander - so if they kill him, it will make little difference. The powers that be understand this, why do you think they haven't found him yet ? They don't want to. Once he's gone the stomach for the fight (in the publics view) will die.

It's a tought subject, but the only way to beat them is to take the same approach to conquest as Genghis Kahn, and the liley livered liberals of the west would never allow that.

Back to Wootton Bassett, I've looked at the words of this 'group', and listend to that bloke who is organising it. He is trying to come across as a level thinking type of citizen, who is just trying to raise the profile of the 'innocent' victims. However to do this in the one place in the counrty that is the focus of returning war dead is nothing short of distatstefull. There are plenty of other places to carry out this type of 'parade' without poking the eyes of the relative and loved ones of the fallen, who do as thier government askes. It is a sick and malicious attempt to piggy back, and somehow draw a parrallel,to a sombre place that allows the huge majority of this country to reflect on those men and women who stand up for those who cannot (or will not) stand for themselves.

Jack Straw has said he will not allow this to go ahead, I think it would be better if he did and kept the police well away........

Agree with yer man above but I'm not as eloquent so I just put

Well you know what I put

It's all over, well it is now!

The Home Secretary has signed an order to outlaw Islam4UK and a number of 'AKA's' under anti terror law.

Now, although the outcome in this case is favourable to normal decent British subjects (as well as many others), the fact that the Government can outlaw a group on little more than public outrage is a worry. If this were a political party then what? It is a very dangerous road to set off down. We've seen Local Councils using anti-terror legislation to determin whether school children realy live within catchment areas so misuse of power is real.

Freedom of Speech is a tough right, you have to use it with responsibility and you will not always like what you hear. But to erode one point of view because of public will (especially as an election must be announced in the next 18 weeks) just cannot be justified. These people have now been forced underground, they cannot march and show thier distastfull opinions for what they are, so what will they do ?

Has the Government just created another internal terrorist group, ready to carry out atrocities ?

well i just heard them interviewing one of the islam idiots on the radio, he said now i will join the labour party see if we can get that banned as well, these people are a disgrace to their own religion and the whole human race, they should have their passports revoked and sent to afghanistan to rot

Merv

well i just heard them interviewing one of the islam idiots on the radio, he said now i will join the labour party see if we can get that banned as well, these people are a disgrace to their own religion and the whole human race, they should have their passports revoked and sent to afghanistan to rot

Merv

I think you just said what most of the British people are thinking!!!

If they have a problem, then surely they should return to their country of origin.

If we are so decadent ,, ten why do they all want to live here?.

We are fundementally a Christian country, wether we are good Christians or bad one, but never the less we stil remain a Christian people.

I myself am not racist nor do i subscribe to any extreme party. I have just had enough of immigrants trying to force a evil religion down our throats....

Lets have a christian march in an Islamic country, see how long we last?.

Why should it be any differant for them.

WE HAVE AN OLD SAYING IN GREAT BRITAIN "DONT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU"

I have just had enough of immigrants trying to force a evil religion down our throats....

I wouldn't say it's evil, sure there are a good number of extremists but many more decent Muslims who are happy to get on with the British way of life, whilst practising thier own beliefs in private. The problem, or not depending on your viewpoint, is that if a cleric makes a bold and dangerous statement on the meaning of something, then there are too many idiots willing to believe and follow it without question. In a Christian organisation when a Vicar makes bold and dangerous statements they are verbally shot down and no one takes them seriously.

This Christian V's Muslim conflict has far too much history, since the Bible was first assembled after Constantine renounced Paganism. The big problem is nothing that is written in the Bible, or whatever other name you wish to call it can be proven, it's just stories passed down from father to son. The world would be a more peafull place without it.

i think its really sad that most religions are failing at the underlying lesson that their particular deity was trying to instill within the culture.

which was "love each other and respect each others differences" (in a nutshell)

many years ago there was another "extreme" religion in society. they were called Jews. some lunatic named Adolph formed a rather large and corrupt group whose goal was world domination and elimination of the Jewish religion.

the Jewish culture still flourishes. as does, regrettably, the cult of hate called Nazism.

My point here is that in any religious conflict, both sides see themselves as right. they both feel persecuted by the other side in one way or the other. and both seem bent on eradicating the other from the face of the earth.

If your God (or a representative thereof) tells you that you shall kill somebody. that it's his will that you do so. that his way is the only way and non believers shall be murdered, well then... perhaps its time to consider a new religion.

If these vile people are SO affected by the war in Afghanistan and insist on spouting off shite about our soldiers invading "their land", then why dont they fuck off back to "their land" and defend it against whatever they think our soldiers are doing, and be prepared to die for their "cause".....

Nope didn't think they would..... COWARDS.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online