Cluthless changes.

Joshua2
This post is 5359 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Clutchless upshifts on shaft driven bikes proves to be quite fluid & smooth......not creating the dreaded typical chassis jacking from the shaft final drive.

If they're done correctly.......it doesn't hurt a thing. ;)

ha back on subject ,about time too.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - good to get back on the subject of clutchless changes.

UP.YOURS is SO ugly dogs close their eyes when they hump his leg ! :rolleyes:

ATB

J

He could put a full packet in his mouth and still whistle Dixie !

ATB

J

:offtopic: you will get one up the arse if you carry on,

:blink::huh: Tell me when its in pencil dik!

:lol::o:lol: its in when you squintin like a china man

if you throw your stick how you gonna get home you knob.

Yes - good to get back on the subject of clutchless changes.

UP.YOURS is SO ugly dogs close their eyes when they hump his leg ! :rolleyes:

ATB

J

If you wanna throw schoolboy insults at one another then may i suggest you go somewhere else and do it.... its rather tiring now :rolleyes:

If you wanna throw schoolboy insults at one another then may i suggest you go somewhere else and do it.... its rather tiring now :rolleyes:
sorry goff, BUT he started it.

right then ,back to the subject ,i tried again and i find that when changing up from first the engine revs are way to high ,causing an untidy change, therfore your better using the tried and tested clutch in method like you ought to.

any more and I'LL finish it.....

Theres already too many other serious things in life. ;) Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you sleep alone. <_<

O.K. so we have discussed the pros and cons of cluthless changes. Now. Who relies more on their back brake when riding on wet roads? :rolleyes:

ATB

J

Theres already too many other serious things in life. ;) Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you sleep alone. <_<

Keep pushing the buttons honey.....keep pushing....... <_<

O.K. so we have discussed the pros and cons of cluthless changes. Now. Who relies more on their back brake when riding on wet roads? :rolleyes:

ATB

J

i dont use the back brake at all,theirs no point with my riding style ,its anchors on , back wheel up ,then im stopped,see no point is their.

i dont use the back brake at all,theirs no point with my riding style ,its anchors on , back wheel up ,then im stopped,see no point is their.

In the dry thats possibly acceptable but in the wet? All the weight thrown forward onto the contact patch area of your front tyre! :huh: I'd rather risk using less front brake and using more back brake as I'd rather have the back end brake away than the front.

ATB

J

In the dry thats possibly acceptable but in the wet? All the weight thrown forward onto the contact patch area of your front tyre! :huh: I'd rather risk using less front brake and using more back brake as I'd rather have the back end brake away than the front.

ATB

J

see here, iff your slidding your off anyway,its just a matter of how hard you land.

see here, iff your slidding your off anyway,its just a matter of how hard you land.

You have more chance of controlling a rear wheel skid than a front. ;)

ATB

J

You have more chance of controlling a rear wheel skid than a front. ;)

ATB

J

you wont control it with the brake ,will you? iff its sliding more brake aint gonna help.

you wont control it with the brake ,will you? iff its sliding more brake aint gonna help.

Perhaps I should explain better for the hard of thinking. :blink:

If you brake really hard in the wet with just your front brake only you could put too much work onto the front tyre contact patch area and skid. If you spread the brake load between both brakes your taking work off the front and although the rear goes light and may skid your more chance to get away with a rear wheel skid than a front. ;)

Well thats my opinion but I am prepared to listen.

ATB

J

If you spread the brake load between both brakes

I agree with Joshua above.

Surely, if your riding in wet conditions, Wouldn't you be very cautious? I tend to ride well behind the vehicle in front and when braking apply both front and rear brake very gently at the same time.

I agree with Joshua above.

Surely, if your riding in wet conditions, Wouldn't you be very cautious? I tend to ride well behind the vehicle in front and when braking apply both front and rear brake very gently at the same time.

Thank you for your sensible reply. ;)

I too increase the braking distance - 'ONLY A FOOL BREAKS THE TWO SECOND RULE' but in an emergency situation I apply both brakes equally. To slam on with just the front brake is asking for gravel rash (and yes, that is a rash statement. :blink: )

ATB

J

Thank you for your sensible reply. ;)

I too increase the braking distance - 'ONLY A FOOL BREAKS THE TWO SECOND RULE' but in an emergency situation I apply both brakes equally. To slam on with just the front brake is asking for gravel rash (and yes, that is a rash statement. :blink: )

ATB

J

Dont forget the laws of physics people, all that weight thrown foreward will anchor the nose well and truly into the tarmac, you can do stoppies in the wet.

The problem is diesel, shitty surfaces and duff tyres and pressures. If you are driving straight and your tyres are good then unless you are on a duff surface (where you would adjust your speed accordingly, yes?) you are extreemly unlikely break the traction of the front tyre with the brakes on the bikes you have.

True. But roads, unlike race tracks roads are rarely perfect. There usually poor! Tyres, unless new and 'run in' aren't at their best. I have, on several occasions got my front tyre to break traction and squeel on DRY roads.

ATB

Ian