Yamaha's Big Bike Contender?

junker
This post is 5442 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Suzuki broke the superbike 1000cc competition barrier with the 1300cc Monster Hayabusa, to which Kawasaki answered with its ZzR-14 and ZX-12R, right? Honda is off doing its own thing like always, making cheap cars an what not (can't really compete at that). So I ask, What is Yamaha's Big Bike Contender? Is it the R1? Is there no bike bigger than a liter displacement? Did I miss one somewhere? Just wondering... if none exists i will just have to argue to my friends that the R1 is good enough to whip bigger bikes asses without needing the bigger size. :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is there no bike bigger than a liter displacement? Did I miss one somewhere?

1500 Goldwing :lol:

Dunno what teh V-Max is, but that's quite big.

FJR 1300 - Pretty fuckin' fast....

MT-01 - 1700cc

XJR1300

XV1900 Midnight Star

Several with large displacements.

None I can think of that go Fuuuuuuuuckin' Faaaaaaaast, though.

yeh all yam's big displacement bikes are mostly all show no go :/ sucks realy

ifi were to buy a bike of 1000cc + it would have to be the busa just because of the shear amount of optional extras plus i want to be in the 200mph + club (joking) :P

Not got the cojones for a 2300cc Rocket III, then?

:P:lol:

Not got the cojones for a 2300cc Rocket III, then?

:P:lol:

after looking at the Rocket III my cajones didnt know what to do, they wanted to come out and play, but hid, timidly, peekiing out from behind my spleen.

7/40 litre is fine for me. or if you prefer 10.68 c.i. :rolleyes:

i think i wouldrather have a y2k with a helicopter turbine 0-150mph 12seconds sounds good to me lol plus its road legal

Yeah yeah yeah.....

Real men... I mean, REAL men - Don't ride.

They fly heavily armed combat helicopters ;)

Ride as fast as ye like - Ye cannae outrun a rack of Sidewinder missiles!!!

Never got away with the 'busa, alway though Suzuki has left a gixer in the sun for too long and melted the fairing!!

Someone said fast .......

My instructor has one, can't pull away from the lights/junctions etc anything like the XT can, so fast must mean top speed eh ??

The XJR is pretty 'kin fast - though you need gorilla grip to keep hold of the bars anything into 3 figures

I always think of fast as being nippy, so it's more sub 50mph speeds, in which case I guess the LC4 powered Duke (KTM) in supermoto attire is probably unbeatable!!

Sorry, back on topic.

Yes Yamaha don't really have a bike that squares up to the 'busa - but then why would you want to? it's as sexy as John Prescott in a tight PVC basque yelling "come take me big boy"

(for the non-UK readers, John Prescott -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Prescott )

Never got away with the 'busa, alway though Suzuki has left a gixer in the sun for too long and melted the fairing!!

Someone said fast .......

My instructor has one, can't pull away from the lights/junctions etc anything like the XT can, so fast must mean top speed eh ??

The XJR is pretty 'kin fast - though you need gorilla grip to keep hold of the bars anything into 3 figures

I always think of fast as being nippy, so it's more sub 50mph speeds, in which case I guess the LC4 powered Duke (KTM) in supermoto attire is probably unbeatable!!

Sorry, back on topic.

Yes Yamaha don't really have a bike that squares up to the 'busa - but then why would you want to? it's as sexy as John Prescott in a tight PVC basque yelling "come take me big boy"

(for the non-UK readers, John Prescott -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Prescott )

haha umm prescott :huh: lol

and yep i love the duke's but so god dam expensif

and i do have to say the mt/xt's do pull well from a stop to 50mph they are verry quick just after that uv had it realy

Apparently, to properly ride a 'Busa at Top Speed you'd need 4 miles of clear motorway ahead of you - ie that you can see to be clear.

When the f**k would you get that?

That sounds more like fast acceleration, which is anuvver kettle o' fish.

0-20, 30, 40 and 50, Rocket III actually beats every other production bike, 'Busa included.

it's as sexy as John Prescott in a tight PVC basque yelling "come take me big boy"

Cor, Gas-up... I might just pay Johnnie P a visit after that image!!!

Go screw him after the many times he screwed us!!!!

what about the new V max?

1,679cc

Maximum power 147.2 kW (200 PS) @ 9,000 rpm

Maximum torque 166.8 Nm (17.0 kg-m) @ 6,500 rpm

2009%20Yamaha%20Vmax.jpg

a y2k with a helicopter turbine 0-150mph 12seconds

Ahem . the KH2 750 two-stroke triple did 0-100 in 10secs in 1973 production road bike . :rolleyes:

i thot them super duper plastic rockets wud be bit quicker 36 yrs later

[ u can rely on me to bring up the old strokers] B)

Ahem . the KH2 750 two-stroke triple did 0-100 in 10secs in 1973 production road bike . :rolleyes:

i thot them super duper plastic rockets wud be bit quicker 36 yrs later

[ u can rely on me to bring up the old strokers] B)

your always having a wee stroke aren't ya black?

how's the spokes coming on?

something tells me that Yamaha is going to unleash this gigantic bored out R1, with twin turbo's or something and just lay waste to the competition for half a century, lol. Funny to think that all the other makers are dueling out this cock-fight while Rossi is on a Yamaha GP bike winning all the races... kinda speaks to the subconscious. maybe size doesn't matter after all, just awesome technology like the R1's CROSS-plane crank and all the other little goodies with it. Suzuki and Kawasaki can just keep building bigger and bigger engines until they have something the size of my truck's motor on two wheels and barley moves from a stop.

Meanwhile a nimble little Yami speeds past its fat ass...

Cross-plane, not flat-plane, im retarded i kno :rolleyes:

0-20, 30, 40 and 50, Rocket III actually beats every other production bike, 'Busa included.

I'll go with that, but I assumed there might be corners, or traffic :lol::lol:

Honda is off doing its own thing like always, making cheap cars an what not (can't really compete at that).

Hang on.... doesn't the new Fireblade come in 1000cc?

Hang on.... doesn't the new Fireblade come in 1000cc?

Yea but its only 1000cc, not above. the new busa is like 1400 or something and the ZX-14R is well, 1400cc. A Fireblade Liter might not really stand up against them... Its like if Honda or Yamaha took an R1 or a CBR1000 and added an FZR-400 engine on top of that

the 'busa,---it's as sexy as John Prescott in a tight PVC basque yelling "come take me big boy"
:lol::lol: "Fkn brill Gas Up" wot an imagination uv got... My mate has a busa, and lately he tested a KTM V Twin Super-moto thingy 900cc/or 1000.[canna mind] He says the torque was amazing . so its horses for coarses"

:offtopic: And drewps " The spokes have came up mirrored , used autosol & mop on cordless drill :rolleyes:

I'll go with that, but I assumed there might be corners, or traffic :lol::lol:

Pull away from the lights on an A-Road, hit 60 and then smile as you back 'em down for the corner.

Job done!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online