Didn't see him.......

Rob82
This post is 5507 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Once again the age old excuse came out

I got knocked off my bike last night , some p**** pulled straight across front of me without even slowing down .

i'm now laid up in bed unable to walk , damaged ligaments and muscles in both legs from knee down . amazingly i've not got so much as a scratch anywhere else thanks to leathers , and my legs would have been much worse but my boots took a lot of the impact, how anyone cant see a yellow bike with headlights on when its getting dark is beyond me .

anyway my fz600 is now a complete write off , only had it a week , and it looks like im gonna be laid up for weeks til i can walk right again , doc said my left leg should be a lot better in a few days an should be able to get round on crutches then , but right legs is bugered at minute think thats where i went into car and think i landed on it too .

all because some moron didnt slow down and look before turning across my lane

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You get the details and any witnesses, mate?

I got knocked off my bike last night , some p**** pulled straight across front of me without even slowing down .

i'm now laid up in bed unable to walk , damaged ligaments and muscles in both legs from knee down . amazingly i've not got so much as a scratch anywhere else thanks to leathers , and my legs would have been much worse but my boots took a lot of the impact, how anyone cant see a yellow bike with headlights on when its getting dark is beyond me .

anyway my fz600 is now a complete write off , only had it a week , and it looks like im gonna be laid up for weeks til i can walk right again , doc said my left leg should be a lot better in a few days an should be able to get round on crutches then , but right legs is bugered at minute think thats where i went into car and think i landed on it too .

Awww...mate this really pisses me off! Will the driver get prosecuted??? Prolly not! grrrrrrrrrr...

Hope your feeling better soon!

didnt get anyones details at time , was laid out til ambulance came , fortunately there was an AA guy who stopped n called police , a couple of people who witnessed it stopped and the guy in the car didnt try to disappear (not that he could have with the FZ wedged under his car ) so police got everyones details , the PC who attended is coming round for my statement this afternoon and is going to give me the details of everyone there . dont think the car driver will argue bout whose fault it was though, the 2 policemen who were on scene said you could see exactly what had happened jus from the scene and they took loads of photos .

Car driver didnt even come over to see how i was either , which was rather nice of him.

Grrrrr! Pisses me right off this does - all because some myopic arsehole cant take a second to look for a fuckin bike! :pissed-off:

I mean, its not like the THINK BIKE ads havent been hammered on TV lately is it!

I hope you heal up soon honey and you should take that stupid fucker for what you can get - as for not coming to see you as a matter of bloody courtesy.........dont get me started on that :madflame:

Grrrrr! Pisses me right off this does - all because some myopic arsehole cant take a second to look for a fuckin bike! :pissed-off:

I mean, its not like the THINK BIKE ads havent been hammered on TV lately is it!

I hope you heal up soon honey and you should take that stupid fucker for what you can get - as for not coming to see you as a matter of bloody courtesy.........dont get me started on that :madflame:

Hope you make a full recovery mate, and get buck on a bike ASAP!

Mind and screw the driver for every penny, the bastard!

all the best

Fraz

thanks guys

and i will be claiming for everythin possble , will have to wait til it gets paid out before lookin for another bike though , took me long enough to afford this on and it was only £350 (gotta love ebay lol) .

thanks guys

and i will be claiming for everythin possble , will have to wait til it gets paid out before lookin for another bike though , took me long enough to afford this on and it was only £350 (gotta love ebay lol) .

hope you aren't in a rush for any sort of pay out....my cousin was knocked off 3 years ago and left paralysed in his right arm, broken neck, broken legs, broken arms, broken hands, lost 1 lung and has no "pain" feeling anywhere in his body. It goes to the high court soon! driver admitted it in magistrates court and got £250 fine and 6 points, insurance wont admit liability...oh my they are gonna get fucking hammered! Apparently he's looking at seven figures, needless to say I'm his bestest ever mate...lol.

hope you aren't in a rush for any sort of pay out....my cousin was knocked off 3 years ago and left paralysed in his right arm, broken neck, broken legs, broken arms, broken hands, lost 1 lung and has no "pain" feeling anywhere in his body. It goes to the high court soon! driver admitted it in magistrates court and got £250 fine and 6 points, insurance wont admit liability...oh my they are gonna get fucking hammered! Apparently he's looking at seven figures, needless to say I'm his bestest ever mate...lol.

Absolutely wank int it! They just dont give a shit about us...

Hey....check this story out from todays Daily Mail

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/92820/...ver-biker-death :blink:

absolute bummer mate

the old guy that knocked him off is a good reason as any i can see for a retest and medical after a certain age, there have been a couple of old blokes driving around here in recent years that i would not trust with a wheelbarrow let alone a car, thankfully one is now in a home he is a friend of mine a swell sad to see him in a home but no one to look after him it was the only option) and the other i knew died but he used to park outside the post office with enough roon between the car and the kerb too ride a bicycle, pull straight out of junctions etc

merv

hopefully its straight forword and you get like for like as you had it les then 3months well got well soon as the sun is up good luck

how anyone cant see a yellow bike with headlights on when its getting dark is beyond me .

I sympathise hope you fix up ok, i drive round london every day and people dont see me in a fkin great red lorry. You can see the surprise on some of the miopic idiots faces.

hopefully gonna be straight forward claim but ya never know with these things , and my boss is letting me work from home using a laptop which is a bonus as i coldnt survie on £70 quid a week or whatever it is now .

police came round for my statement earlier and has said they are charging the guy with drivig without due care and attention and that from all the witnesses statements , from my statement and from the evidence at the scene , there is no way that i could have done anything to avoid it .

if it takes a while to sort out the insurance company has offered me a loan bike until its all sorted , which shows they are confident of getting all costs back as i am covered 3rd party only , but all depends on how long it takes my legs to heal .

thanks for the well wishes guys , much appreciated

been managing to get around a little on crutches for last few hours , can put a little weight on left leg but still nothin on right so got my mate to take me to look at it

my mate took some pics for me , not great cos they in the dark

before

f125_1.jpg

BOfTuMWkKGrHgoH-CEEjlLl0F63BJuhLojl.jpg

after

02042009432.jpg

02042009433.jpg

02042009434.jpg

02042009435.jpg

it actually looks worse than the pictures show ,

FUCKING B*STARDS :pissed-off: :pissed-off: :pissed-off: :pissed-off: :pissed-off:

I just hate them TWATS who seem to think that bikers do not use the roads too!! Its like they dont see us..

I wish u a quick recovery mate, but make sure u sponge the shit out of the twat!! I mean really sponge it!!!

I had a near miss yesterday afternoon!! idiot seems to think he was in the right!! "your allowed to overtake a bus in london, when it stops to pick up passengers" his exact words!!

the reply he got "well, not when theres a mad fucker like me coming, and with my hi-vis and headlight on in pure daylight"

I actually got off my bike, and made the twat reverse!! Realised that a knuckle-protecting glove results in a LOUD sound when knocked against a car window! He thought I was gonna smash it!! HAHA twat!!

But sorry to say, there are twats out there, and they will seem to think that we magically come out of nowhere!!

Wish you a fast recovery, and really hope the driver gets taught a good lesson!!

On the plus side, I bet this guy looks for bike in the future. Your misfortune might well have saved this guy from actually killing someone, somewhere down the line.

Was the officer Traffic ? or just a normal Bobby? It's a good indication as to how any prosecution will go. But the most important thing is to get sorted out.

How fast were you going? unless you are 110% sure you were within the limit, expect this to get thrown back at you as a factor, if it's enough to get a 50/50 claim through the insurance company then compensation is unlikely to happen. The best thing is to get the guy prosecuted for a motoring offence(undue care and attention, Mobile phone, seatbelt, defective tyre/lights even if his widescreen washer bottle is empty!), insist on this with the police - it will make everything else much more simple further down the line, oh and you have 3 years to get claim papers lodged, after that you have no claim (it still might take years to resolve even then)

You were luck this day, don't put all the blame with the driver, being right isn't going to stop your legs hurting! , use this experience to learn to anticipate hazards better in the future. It's like a 6th sense, everyone with years of expereince can tell how a driver is going to react - unfortunatly it usually means you have to take action as a result of what they've done. Like I say being in the right doesn't keep you safe!

I've had so many near misses in my years, only because something inside said 'slow down', 'move over' - they could all have put me in hospital (even the idiot that did a U-turn in front of me a couple of months ago didn't see the error of his way's, he just waved, smiled and drove off!). It's a sad fact of the world we live in - folk don't take responsibility for thier own actions anymore.

It's almost imposible to judge the speed of an oncoming bike in the dark as your eyes have very little information to compare the single headlight (as that's all you can see, even though you've got two) to the darkness around it. If this is his defence then it's going to throw some doubt into the question of a presecution - you have to be persistant that you want him prosecuted, undue care and attention is all you need.

I'm not having a go at you, just try to use this experience to keep you alive in the future. If you don't learn from it, statistically speaking you will have a similar accident withing three years, consider some extra training before you get back on the road BikeSafe or an IAM course (there are a few you can do and not all include an assesment). if nothing else it will help to resore your confidence.

Hope your sorted out soon, there's some good weather on it's way and you don't want to miss it.

I've had so many near misses in my years, only because something inside said 'slow down', 'move over' - they could all have put me in hospital (even the idiot that did a U-turn in front of me a couple of months ago didn't see the error of his way's, he just waved, smiled and drove off!). It's a sad fact of the world we live in - folk don't take responsibility for thier own actions anymore.

Your spot on there, ive been on bikes for nigh on 20years and i know i'm still here because of that very '6th sense' Its nothing more than a 'feeling'. Its even saved me from speed cameras. It must be experience kicking in and registering something in the way people are driving, traffic patterns. i dunno.

Anyway as said hope you fix up ok.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online