New Project - don't laugh (not too much anyway)

fosdyke
This post is 5493 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just picked up my new project yesterday - and yes it is a 50cc scooter!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok - it really is for my daughter who turns 16 later this year and has been itching to get on two wheels (and I don't mean a pushbike!) She has had a few sessions on the YB100 around the private culdesac where we live, and I would have liked to have got her a geared 50cc, but they are pretty hard to come by or really expensive (FS1E), and not something you would let your 16yr old take to school to have it trashed by the chavs!

Since the pictures were taken yesterday afternoon I have had the bike running and started stripping off the plastic preparing it for a re-spray. My daughters really good at art and wants to have a go at a custom airbrush design so will be posting pictures as we go along.

31032009035.jpg

31032009033.jpg

31032009038.jpg

Will be doing another seat cover Wild Foamy - so will post pics here for you when you get to do your Jawa!

Wish me luck........ :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

erm, i must admit that aint exactly my cup of tea, would have atleast prefered it to have "Yamaha" written on the back of the seat but atleast you're introducing another young'un to our noble sport :)

did you not consider a DT50?, they are hot shit and fairly easy to come by, cheap aswell (both to buy and to run).

what colour you respraying? any idea in terms of custom graphics?

ah yes i see it now... its just one big blank canvas really...

im doing my Jawa seat hopefully this weekend but would be interested to see how yours turns out

looks like a cylops :) its good fun messing with bikes what ever shape or form. did you see OCC do their mopeds up? some good paint jobs there from nubs!

ooh look, its even got a little cubby hole in the front for all her make-up and mobile phones :lol:

i shouldn't mock really... i've only just learnt how to txt :(

when you planning to put an Arrow exhaust and big bore kit on it?, i reckon you could get it to do atleast 50mph...

BTW didnt get round to recovering my jawa seat, i need to get another job first so the DT is running on fumes and im scrounging lifts to school from my parents again...

hey 2 wheels is 2 wheels ,its a start and thats what u need .I started of on my older brothers vespa (like i said very very quickly before have to start somewhere :rolleyes: anyway that was an old px125 and me and a few friends used to go everywhere on them (yep the had scooters to ) it was good fun but they never had the speed,

nice one,,

dont forget to post the pics up so we can have a look at the end result" :unsure:

Nice scooter for your daughter !!

Sure that at any moment she will be riding yours, and you will be riding hers. :lol::lol::lol:

Nice scooter for your daughter !!

Sure that at any moment she will be riding yours, and you will be riding hers. :lol::lol::lol:

She's already said she want's mine when I get a new one...........saw a looovely R1 in the showroom yesterday. Ahhhh window shopping!

Will be posting some progress pictures later.

:D :D :D

saw a looovely R1 in the showroom yesterday.

not as nice as the FZR1000 EXUP that came blasting past me on the way back from George Whites today, left me nursing a semi for sure... :D

how's the custom artwork going? any neat floral designs? :lol:

she will love her first bike ,i remember mine,a fsie great days :D .

god i hate my 50cc lol (still using it untill i do my test in may) i have been riding my Mt-03 660cc around with my dad and geting back on my 50cc is awful going from 45bhp to 5.5bhp just makes you want to cry lol and my peds not exactly slow 55mph on flat 62mph down hill

i loved it for the first 3 months when i wasent using it to go any where then started comuting 40 miles a day on it and thats when i started to hate the whole concept

and any updates on the wee scooter ??? and is it going to be derestricted ?? if so i highly recomend a Leo Vince exhaust

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online