First decent ride yesterday

saxohunter
This post is 5526 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Decided to go out for my first decent ride since getting the old XJ900 and since i only passed my test last Thursday.Met up with my mate on his CBR600 and off we went down to Aviemore in the Highlands.Weather was ok,cloudy but dry.Had a great run,just taking my time and getting used to 2 wheels.Only one hairy moment when a pheasant decided to try and land on top my head!

Every biker that we passed smiled,waved and nodded,why cant car drivers be more happy???

Anyway i just wanted to share with you,i'm off work this week so i'll be getting a few more miles under my belt.For an old bike the XJ900 was great fun with loads of character and very comfy.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

why cant car drivers be more happy???

We ride because we want to, they drive because they have to.

I took the XJR out for a whiz yesterday, left the filling station at 08:00, out and up over the North Pennines, stopped at Hartside (to an empty carpark), then off down through the Lakes. Lovely morning, no traffic but quite a few bikes as I was heading home around 11:00ish.

The chopped a tree down in the afternoon....... great day !!!

Yesterday was great for bikes,

i went off to George Whites in swindon to marvel at all the expensive bikes and gear i cannot afford, lots of bikers out and about, all nodded/waved... bikers are a friendly bunch arent they?, not like those miserable car drivers...

now just need a few of my mates to get bikes so we acan all go on rideouts...

bikers are a friendly bunch arent they?, not like those miserable car drivers...

I think you misunderstand a little not been a car driver yourself. Predominantly driving is just a practical form of transport, a necessity, so there isn't really any community spirit among your average car driver. If every driver acknowledged each other they'd be a lot of accidents! :lol: Personally i don't think its the 'Drivers' that are miserable its just driving isn't that exciting!

Cars are a necessary mode of transport and bikes are a hobby/toy. That's why now that financially everyone is struggling car makers are stopping production because no one will spend their money on a new car, yet every bike dealer I speak to says they're shifting just as many as they always have, because we'll always justify to ourselves spending thousands of pounds on something we love, and wave/nod to others who are the same

Bit philosophical for this time of the morning. Good job on the tree, gas up, that's a very good day indeed

Good job on the tree, gas up, that's a very good day indeed

Why thank you. I'll be cutting and chopping the bloody thing up for months now!

Nice day again today, I'm gonna bunk off early I think and warm the plannet up a bit more...

Good job on the tree, gas up, that's a very good day indeed

Why thank you. I'll be cutting and chopping the bloody thing up for months now!

Nice day again today, I'm gonna bunk off early I think and warm the plannet up a bit more...

Wasn't able to take the bike out this weekend and driving along seeing all these bikes out in superb weather gave me the right hump :angry: . Knowing my bike was in the garage with a full tank was a little bit like torture!!

Must admit I am one of the few drivers who has as much fun in the car. I do loads of track days and go to the Nurburgring lots (something I will NEVER ride a bike on) so it gets a proper seeing to. The bike on the other hand is an older two stroke that needs care and nurturing rather than thrashing everywhere (well, maybe a few places :lol: ).

an older two stroke

Hoy " paul" m3,,,,,, thats aTZR250 race-bred=supermoto thingy u got there .. :) their a super quick

250. bet a lot of members havna seen one o"them .. post a piccy sumtime . en-lighten them ;)

Oh . and havna had a decent ride in ages "" but was oot on bike at weekend------------------------

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online