Sick to the core

Gas up - Let's Go!
This post is 5505 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

OK, personally, I have some issues with the post by Scritty - nothing personal, but some of what you are saying just doesn't hold water. I know of the Security Clearance of which you speak - and I disagree, as well you know why - if indeed you have such clearence.

And from what I have learned about this faith - the above all stands true.

There is alot od mis-quoting of faith, and in all cases it is because someone is trying to get the upper hand, cause some shift in public opinion or just out to cause trouble.

As I have said before, and to stay on topic, my issue is with the Police decided to do nothing, despite having the power to stop these vile individuals from spouting thier bile. Was it due to pressure to be 'seen' to be allowing free expression ??

I'm sorry, but posting some crap about whay one person said and trying to sumise that this is the belief of a large group of the population makes you no better than those who directed a plane into a building containing thousdands of people. This is a discusssion about a lawfull demonstration that really shouldn't have been allowed, if you feel somehow offended by that then I really don't give a crap - if you have some factual input, fine but what you have wrote is incorrect at best.

This is not a "lets bash the muslims" thread.

Mods - perhaps it's time to lock this thread ? It is moving in a direction that trancsends the bounderies ???

OK on your request locked pending consultation with other mods

merv

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, we mods have had a discussion and as far we are concerned the post by scritty is just a chain email generated by people intent on stirring up divisions every time this is posted.

This has been around since 2005 and although scritty may mean well, we have decided that the thread can reopen.

If you want the full SP on this chain email, visit Snopes

i did not post to cause offense

i am like most people in this thread totally against the disrespect shown to our returning soldiers

i am also fully aware that not all Muslims have the same beliefs of those idiots demonstrating

i am of the belief what ever country you live in you must abide by its laws and customs

yet as a country we seem to allow these people to disrespect our troops in this way

i am not aware of any other country who would allow this to happen

why should we

What heartens me is the fact that so many of the members on here are flying the flag.

Its a pity our Government can not encourage it more in real life instead of worrying it will upset other faiths.

We need a leader who will mirror the Australian Prime Minister and tell all guest in this country to shut up and abide by the laws and privelages this country provides them.

If we want to be patriotic then let us. Who ever is in charge needs to get a set of bollocks and stop trying to be politically correct.

I have enormous respect for anyone who serves with the armed forces in what ever capacity.

I also have respect for all others in what ever faiths who speak out against terrorist acts.

I also have a bit of a problem with the open door policy from our EU member states.

Why oh why do we let anyone and everyone settle here without a point system is beyond me.

Right proud of the common sense debate on this touchy subject and agree with the vast majority.

The police should have arrested the protesters on public order offences and dealt with it in a legal manner instead of worrying what trouble they may get into.

Respect

I always accepted that it would, but to be honest, I'm supprised of the level of restrain in the replies. It doesn't reflect what I have heard out and about. My conclusion is that as a whole, the guys on here are still showing a great deal of respect to others - or that the laws in this country allow ony free speach that doesn't offend anyone. We have a very small muslim community up here, but they do show some unacceptable traits, as I've said earlier, if you see a group acting 'wrong' then you make associations (Huddies and young towrags ??).

Againg, I think there has been a show of restraint - it could have been much much worse. One thing it does show though is the general mood is changing, and that is the dangerous part. We are in real danger of someone taking advantage of this and moving the populus in the wrnog direction. This is why the average normal Muslim must stand up and be counted agains these extremists - it is the only way. I commend you for your stance, and to speak up is your right, but generally there is no voice against this. You cannot make a Goegraphical stanse against an idiealist belief, in 3000 years this has never worked, why does the governments think it will now ?

religions all over the world talk of peace, but the idealogical differences are the very things that will prevent it from happening. on Friday 13th October 1307 the Catholics Church, under an order from the Pope, murdered the Knights Templar, what talk of peace ??

Again, I commend you, you and the very people you are talking are the key to resolving this. Although I have a slight disagreement in what you say. You will understand this far better than I ever will, but in the same way the Bible is full of flaws, I'm sure the Quran has lost something in translation along the way. And just like the Bible modern explanations can be read in a number of ways, furthermore misquoting text can give different meanings - so the use of the word fact isn't quite right, I don't think. Islam has a different way that text is presented and meaning distributed, those who have studied the Quran gain status Clerics, thier opinions ae then presented as facts - as the extremists work they way up in status so thier teachings reach a wider audience. I'm no expert on this by any stretch, but I understand enough to here what you are saying. To every point there is usually an equally opposing view.

Human nature, It's like that - and that's how it is.

Not at all, I think it's always good to have arguments from all sides, maybe that is part of the problem? The spiritual leaders are just not public enough in thier condemnation of the very small minority who grab the headlines. I would think many people have the oppinion 'if you are not with us, then you are against us'.

Personally, I would like to see all religion gone. I'm not sure why a Bishop has any right to make descisions on the laws of this land, I'm not sure where thier life experiences come from and what they can actually bring to the running of a country. Muslim, Catholic, C of E - makes no difference to me, you cannot disprove faith, as you cannot prove it, that is why you cannot argue it......

I think the real gripe I was having at the start of the thread is that the Police did nothing - why ? they ahd the power to...

send all illegals muslims and any other faction who dosnt agree wih our laws back where they came from! we didnt ask them to be here! and why should we house them give them free handouts and let them take over our country and abbuse our troops! send the fuckin rag heads home to be shot by there own kind!! then maybe our troops can come home in one piece!!

send all illegals muslims and any other faction who dosnt agree wih our laws back where they came from! we didnt ask them to be here! and why should we house them give them free handouts and let them take over our country and abbuse our troops! send the fuckin rag heads home to be shot by there own kind!! then maybe our troops can come home in one piece!!

Perhaps, as you are so keen to protect 'our' laws, you might want to consider how you have just breached them. You are verging on Incitiment to Racial Hatred Details Here

'our laws',

'we didn't ask'

'our troops'

Are you 100% sure of your lineage ? not of Norman, or Roman decent perhaps? There are few in this country who can trace their lineage back, so there are few who can claim this as thier own, with the exception of perhaps the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Me, I believe I'm of Scandanavian decent, I live here by the grace of my forefathers, under the protection of what they fought to preserve.

I'm keen to understand how you consider someone to be a member of the 'our' country ->

As a country that's legal system lives uner the banner "in God we trust", who has seen itself fit to appoint it's very own Christian Leader (the Queen), and denounced all other faiths (this is historical fact, as it is still illegal to have a monarch who is anything other than CofE), does anyone who is not C of E not belong ?? Think about that, Catholic, Muslim, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness's, Buddist, Sikh etc. Or is it as simple as ethnic background. ??????

Perhaps, as you are so keen to protect 'our' laws, you might want to consider how you have just breached them. You are verging on Incitiment to Racial Hatred Details Here

'our laws',

'we didn't ask'

'our troops'

Are you 100% sure of your lineage ? not of Norman, or Roman decent perhaps? There are few in this country who can trace their lineage back, so there are few who can claim this as thier own, with the exception of perhaps the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Me, I believe I'm of Scandanavian decent, I live here by the grace of my forefathers, under the protection of what they fought to preserve.

I'm keen to understand how you consider someone to be a member of the 'our' country ->

As a country that's legal system lives uner the banner "in God we trust", who has seen itself fit to appoint it's very own Christian Leader (the Queen), and denounced all other faiths (this is historical fact, as it is still illegal to have a monarch who is anything other than CofE), does anyone who is not C of E not belong ?? Think about that, Catholic, Muslim, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness's, Buddist, Sikh etc. Or is it as simple as ethnic background. ??????

Now that's what we NEED, thinking for ourselves.. not a copy n paste jobbie, that a 6 year old can do! Whilst being unaware that the message will offend people!!

Why?

Because fuckwitts like yourself are all mouth.

No-one ever DOES anything. You let whoever get into government and then just sit around bitching about what they're doing.

People are coming here and taking what they can because WE let them.

It is your fault, not theirs and that's the harsh truth of it.

There are few in this country who can trace their lineage back, so there are few who can claim this as thier own, with the exception of perhaps the Scots, Welsh and Irish.

In so far as England goes, I can proudly do that.

My lineage is a vast majority of Angeln, to the point where I still bear the name of the village where we first settled up in what is now Ayrshire. There's some Scots blood somewhere and a touch of Cheyenne for some reason, but for the most significat part this is my England.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online