That reminds me

barkwindjammer
This post is 5538 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to the more experienced out there, how do you go about body swerving, a safety manouvre I'm told,

that question to contestant number 3 , Sharon. :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi to the more experienced out there, how do you go about body swerving, a safety manouvre I'm told,

that question to contestant number 3 , Sharon. :rolleyes:

what!, as in being swerve and sophisticated? :D

I assume its just moving your weight to steer the bike away from trouble!!

I always thought it was a action taken by somebody when it was there round...safely insuring his/her money stayed in there wallet/bra as they body swerved the bar :D

But then it might just be me with tight mates

LOL Drewps swerve and sophisticated :lol: !

BWJ, is this something you have read on a US forum/site perchance? Only it sounds like an Americanism referring to countersteering. You can move you body all you like, if you don't countersteer you won't get around the hazard.

Theres a village on my way home with a series of 8 manholes in quick succession set out like a Twister mat, I love weaving around them just nudging the bars :)

Yep, AFAIK this is just consciously countersteering by leading with the shoulder/body.

You actually do this anyhow, but in this 'emergency' situation, you do it faster than usual.

You lean your body and the slight movement of the shoulders delivers the neccesary nudge to teh bars, thus countersteering.

Better to get used to conscious countersteering anyway. That way you instinctively lead the movement from your hands and your emergency swerve will be faster than a body-led one.

I always thought it was a action taken by somebody when it was there round...safely insuring his/her money stayed in there wallet/bra as they body swerved the bar :D

But then it might just be me with tight mates

or you in tights..... ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online