Universal gear pedal

MaaQ
This post is 5539 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody

I was woundering how i will know if a universal gear leaver will fit my bike. For example the ones on yambits

How will i know if it fits the gear change shaft?

Hope you can help --- Christian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everybody

I was woundering how i will know if a universal gear leaver will fit my bike. For example the ones on yambits

How will i know if it fits the gear change shaft?

Hope you can help --- Christian

Hi Christian,

most small yamaha's (of the time) used the same spline ... but I obtained a lever for my FS1 from yambits via ebay which fitted no problems. looking at the website I'm not sure which one I had !

Just out of interest what is a FS1 K1 ? In 1978 the current modals were FS1M or FS1MDX but there were a few preregistered FS1EA and FS1EADX's left kicking about ... the moped market was in turmoil at the time ... did you buy an FS1 or an RD or TY or DT and put up with the slower speed hence the term 'sloped' or go for the FS1E or EA to get the full power version !

Regards Jim

Whats all this shouting ?, we'll have no trouble here !

he started it...

bet my DT is louder than yours :P, nobody likes it because "its too loud", but loud pipes save lives, atleast now they can hear me even if they can't see me.

Whats all this shouting ?, we'll have no trouble here !

this is a local shop for local people we'll have no trouble here!

i wish theyd bring that back - bloody brilliant!

this is a local shop for local people we'll have no trouble here!

i wish theyd bring that back - bloody brilliant!

I live there, where it was filmed, Royston Vasey...aka Hadfield :D Theres a few nutters here who'll never leave :P

How very dare you!, my DT would run riings around your "push, pedal and pop" FS1...

Put is back to totally std and I'll have the FS1E totally std and I wonder who would win ? The max design speed for the DT50mx is 30mph (the plate on the head stock should bear that out). The FS1E was not subject to that restriction, but had to be able to be propeled by pedals so a std FS would pull about 45. My comment sloped was the actual word used by the majority of 16 year olds in 1978 (the first year the restriction was in force) and not to a machine that is a long way from how it left the factory.

Regards Jim

your FS isn't being piloted by an ultra-light, mindless, scrawny nutter

As I only weigh just under 8 stone I guess I'm ultra-light and with regard to being mindless is that what we want on the road ? but if your DT is totally std (along with my FS) and we have a private road to put the 2 together (your insurance is invalid otherwise) we would see if the 30mph DT50 could out do a 45 mph FS .. as they came out of the factory, and just to make things correct i'll let my wife pilot the bike she was & is 7 stone and rode the old FS we have , and back in the late 70's and managed silly speeds on the roads of Worcestershire

Regards Jim

my DT certaintly aint stock. expansion pipe, K&N filter, bigger sprockets, 60cc big bore kit. will do 50 easy now :).

with the old 50cc kit it would usually get to 40 and sit there, maybe even up to 45 if you went down hill and could get it up onto the powerband (last few thousand revs were usually the best) before leveling out

im 55kg, a bit over 10st so... erm... kinda shat in my own slipper there :(