Server Hacked

Alex
This post is 5628 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Admin

Hi everyone sorry the site has been down today, someone thought they would be clever and hack my server.

All users details, passwords etc are entirely safe and weren't compromised.

They hacked my server and replaced a few files which brought the site down but there was no access to any of the databases.

Anyway after a lot of work it's all back up and running!

Ahmen.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fucking knobheads.:tantrum:

makes me soooo mad when idiots do this for no reason other than they can

Sad bastards with small cocks should be kept well away from computers...... :pissed-off:

Well done alex for getting us back up and running so quickly ;)

• Admin

It was really frustrating, I was running a training course in Essex and got a text from a friend to say the site had been hacked! Couldn't do anything until I got home :-( Oh well at least it was only a couple of hours.

Hi everyone sorry the site has been down today, someone thought they would be clever and hack my server.

All users details, passwords etc are entirely safe and weren't compromised.

They hacked my server and replaced a few files which brought the site down but there was no access to any of the databases.

Anyway after a lot of work it's all back up and running!

Ahmen.

Cheers Alex, thought it might be a cozy night with the missus watchin the soaps then...phew!!... :wacko:

if you find who did it give me their ip.

Well done Alex, thought my comp was the fritz for a bit. Well done for sorting it out so quick.

Cheers Alex, 3am is my time, i like to spend a little of it here,

Well done, Mark.

Sad bastards with small cocks should be kept well away from computers...... :pissed-off:

I couldn't condon that - it keeps me in a job.

if you find who did it give me their ip.

Ahem,,, Don't want to get all sanctimonious, but that makes you no better than them - and it contravenes the computer missus act, unless you just want to block out thier address from your PC, of course you do - don't you ? :rolleyes:

Alex - they will no doubt have another go, I was a member of a site that had to hide away due to the constant attacks, it's now limping along with a few die hard users... You should consider increaseing the security of the server now, I don't know what it is - and this certainly isn't the place to discuss it, or what you have in front of it by way of NAT, DMZ, Statefull Inspection etc - but another attack will happen, especially when the attackers see that they are getting a response from the site users. My opinion, it's over qualified kids/geeks pitting thier wits agains you, it is very unlikely that they are after any data, and in any case there should be nothing on the server that isn't available in the public domain. Proffesionally speaking.

Personally, these people need re-guided, they ahve brilliant minds and if they turned it to good use there is no end to what could be achieved, otherwise chops thier fingers off!

that one must have been written by a woman then!!... :blink:

:lol::lol:

My keyboard - it's a crap speller !! I think I'll get a new one for Christmas and stop these Typoes.......

Me, being a man of course, I'm pefect :ssst: ,,,, any minute now Goff will come along and put me back in my box :1poke::whip::thud:

• Admin

It's the second time in nearly 8 years the server has been hacked, so not too worried about it. More a pain than anything else, can't belive the hassle these guys will go through just to put a page up with their name to appear on other websites!

I can understand hacking bank and government details but owners clubs.... :unsure:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online