Dogs, Bikes and legallity....

This post is 5394 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi peeps. Quickie for those in Britain. Now the suns out, im taking the dog out on the bike (Not fair to put her through it when its raining) I carry her in my tank bag with the top folded back and her lead attached through the bag.

Does anyone know of the legality of this.....just in case i get pulled....dont want to get smart with policeperson, but if you know the law better than her/him, it stands you in good stead.

Thanx

P B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds dogji to me :D

what he said ^

i wouldnt do that mate.. :huh:

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I tried that once but I couldn't see over the bloody dog!

Shouldn't of taking the great dane that day lol

Only joking!

There is no law on carrying pets on a bike. They might say your load is insecure but if the dog is strapped on, then OK. It is quite normal in other countries.

You should not let your dogs eyes get into the airstream as they will be badly affected.

If she is ok riding with you and isnt obstructing your view or likely to jump off then i don't think will be a problem...HOWEVER...

They may not like you taking her on the tank bag - and you would probably be better getting somethign like this:

CARRIER

or this:

Tank Carrier

And get her some goggles.

If you have the correct carrier then theres fook all they can do. ;)

Well folks, My doggy loves riding on my bike, she tucks her head behind the screen and at one point she curled up in my tank bag and went to sleep...Passed many police, got looks but thats it, if only it was that easy with the cat.....best not it would be 2 much for a 19 year old cats heart.... :blink:

Thanx all for your posts,...love the links Goff...cant see me using either one though....dashboard tray system? lol, looks like a sledge strapped to the tank. :lol:

;)

Well folks, My doggy loves riding on my bike, she tucks her head behind the screen and at one point she curled up in my tank bag and went to sleep...Passed many police, got looks but thats it, if only it was that easy with the cat.....best not it would be 2 much for a 19 year old cats heart.... :blink:

Thanx all for your posts,...love the links Goff...cant see me using either one though....dashboard tray system? lol, looks like a sledge strapped to the tank. :lol:

;)

How bout a picture of you both on't bike then matey?

Do you think the dogs like to be on the bike when its wheelies?

Your answer....I tried it today, no reaction...she stayed curled up in my tank bag...untill i dropped it onto its front wheel again,then she popped her head up as if to say "What did I miss?"

Will try and get somebody to take a pic of us 2, just for you, Goff,oldgitonabike and Geoff.

Ill post it here.....well not quite here ~~~~~~~

Oh sheesh I give up... u know what I mean...lol

:lol::thumb::yay:

Great pic mate but y' know you're supposed to take it walks?

:lol: Yeah I know, makes life easier for me tho. Had to give up driving cars 2.5 years ago because of a back problem. I had an operation last year, but I still cant drive or be a passenger in a car...15-20 mins sitting in 1 and I cant get out!!!!

:D

Awwww you have such a cute dog!

Are you bringing her to the fuel protest on thursday?

• 1 year later...

photo-0379.jpg

photo-0377.jpg

There you go peeps. Me, my dog and My bike :blink:

is the rest of its body 'compressed'? :huh: thats pretty koOl tho' must admit :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online