NEWBIEEEEEEE

Superius2014
This post is 2062 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps! 

I’m Nic, just picking up my new Yamaha YS 125 at 3pm, wanted to find people i can actually talk to! 

My main question is, when you go to the shop.... what do you lock your bike up with? I don’t fancy carrying a massive padlock and chain in a bag on my back everytime. Any advice would be great :) 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Honestly. A big fuck off chain is best. In reality buy the chain from b+q and a good padlock. A lot cheaper. Villains are not sharp enough to care. Big lock is noise and hassle. Enough to make them nick someone else's. Shitty twist on life but that's how it is. 

Use the padlock as a disk lock if your going to low risk areas. My work car park has cameras and barriers so I just use the disc lock there. 

:welcome::welcome:

I don't tend to go shopping on the bike unless its a bike place with plenty of bikers around. Scotland trip big eFF-off chain and padlock to another bike

Hi Nic, welcome to the YOC, as the others have said big chain and big padlock, especially on the YBR they seem to be a favourite bike for the bike thieves. If you don't want to carry a big chain then 2 small locks can work as well, one on the front disc one through the rear wheel and swing arm and then the steering lock on your bike, takes about 2 minutes to lock it up and makes it really awkward to steal. Of course they can just as easily pick it up and chuck it in the back of a van..! The best way, park it where you can see it and never look away.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online