Twist the Throttle

mike1949
This post is 2891 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Did anybody see Twist the Throttle on the freeview channel?
It was on Quest Freeview channel 37 over the weekend and documented how the motorbike manufactures started from scratch.
Very, very interesting.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I haven't but I might watch it - according to my BT box there's 8 episodes to watch on catch-up for free.

Thanks for the heads up

Sorry guys, but I thought the series overall was pretty badly done - great idea, but badly researched/produced and pretty amateurish - mind you, still way better than anything else around that covers bikes at the moment (I find Henry Cole to be a particularly monotonous and boring presenter)

On the episode where they covered the history of Suzuki, they did a whole section on the 1976 GS 750, their first 4 stroke, and every picture used was a GT 750 J - !!!!! Even the captioned pictures. How the heck did this get through production, review and editing - screenshot below

And not only that, but they then do a whole section on how the GSXR 750 was such a race-bike hit, but half of the video footage used (and the soundtrack) is of Schwantz on a RGV 500 !!!

a0ap6o.jpg

I enjoyed all the japanese shows, except Yamaha - nothing about the manufacturing processes whatsoever (unlike the others, even MV got more factory insight), more time spent discussing the corkscrew at LS. Presumably Yam didn't give the show permission to film in the factory. As above ^ better than all the rubbish with Henry Cole (his shows are tragic and seemed to be aimed at non-motorcyclists/boring farts)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online