1986 Yamaha 600FZ

Rick600FZ
This post is 2983 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have no idea.. but it is good to head over to the new members section before asking a question as lots of people ask a question and then disappear. Also would be good to see pictures (of the bike, not sparkplugs) :lol: and welcome to YOC - Sure someone will have some suggestions to help

Swap the coils over from left to right.

If the problem swaps its the coil. If it doesent you have proved all the plug leads and coils are good.

1 hour ago, Cynic said:

Swap the coils over from left to right.

If the problem swaps its the coil. If it doesent you have proved all the plug leads and coils are good.

I did the swap and the other two  works and the other two now is dead so both coil works. the yellow plug that goes to the first coil is dead and the white plug that goes to the other two works fine could it be the CDI going bad?

So which two aren't working after the coil swap?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You need a meter,  switched to Ohms,  see what the pulser coils [ on stator,] are putting out, also ,disconnect ALL connections to CDI, AND CLEAN ,,  corrosion will be the cheapest fix , CDI" rarely go wrong,

Woah people.

Form an orderly que. Unless I'm really off the ball he has swapped the coil connections between coils. So the fault has swapped from 1 and 4, to 2 and 3.

From that I say the coils, plugs and leads are all good, now we move on to the pick up coil(s?) and the cdi and its connections. I don't kow the fz in any detail so i'll shut up now.;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online