Time for a change?

meatloaf
This post is 3241 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

While I love my bike maybe its time for something new, I've been looking at the xvs 1300 custom but can't make up my mind, decisions decisions

.XVS1300-Custom_zpsgynnadgi.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not much difference betwixt the two, is there? Your 1300A vs this 1300?

Just a can of matte spray paint and a weekend of stripping, spraying and reassembling, with a few beers to fill the space while each coat is drying?

I have to be honest Meat, Tasky seems to have a point, yours has the blingy bits and this one don't, if you can see a difference then share it with us! Is it just cos it's newer or are you just in need of a change? :shrug:

I prefer the non-chrome, so I can see where you're coming from.

I just thought swapping would only lose you money... unless you're buying the Custom one 2nd Hand?

Keep the 1300 and buy some (blacked out) bits from the US to bolt on...

The custom (or Stryker as known in the US) is a nice looking bike but not much of a change and as Tasky says, you'll only loose money.

To be honest I can't say exactly why I prefer the custom to my 1300, perhaps its because I've had ten years of chrome bling and I'm all chromed out, I just like the look of the custom and yes I could do some work on mine but after spending 40 odd years working on bikes and cars ( swore that I'd give up that shit after the last engine transplant I did on my daughters mini a few years ago) I can't be arsed with that.

I think that I just need want a change and after keeping past bikes and cars for years and years because I couldn't afford to change them, I'm thinking fuck it, its only my kids inheritance that I'll be spending. :biglaugha: but maybe a test ride first would be a good plan.

• Like 1

yes fuck it and fuck them , you can't take it with you when your gone.

you aren't on this planet very long so have a good time while your here .

• Like 1

Well at least the handling ought to be sharper, and you'll be able to lean the bike in a bend without scraping pegs (much!). Also I'm assuming it's lighter, so will have a bit more go?

According to the specs its only 10 Kg lighter but the ground clearance is also less and of course with those raked out forks the wheel base is a bit longer, so when I get the time I'll sort out a test ride, at the end of the day weather I buy new or a low mileage second hand mint one its gonna cost me a few bob so I want to make sure I'm happy with the handling before I splash out the cash.

Have you thought about some serious customisation of your 1300? I think this website has some examples of 1300s (can't get it to work properly on my mobile) http://www.sscustomcycle.com/gallery/they also sell heaps of accessories

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online