dt cut out problems pleasr help!!!!

dsb2014
This post is 3305 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all hope every one had a nice Easter!.

Well my DTR is being a pain in the ARSs again she starts and ticks over but wen I'm riding she suddenley cuts out some times at high revs and some at low mostly at set off tho. I've cleaned the carb today a new plug also changed the coil. Once the engine cuts out I stop and she started again and repeats the pricess. Any help I'd really appreciate as always thanks in advance guys and gals

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like a broken wire, , it would likely be in the headlight area, check all wires as they pass thru the rear of headlight,

Check any interlocks too.

Things like sidestand switches and such. They are classic causes of this type of problem. Esp the sidestand.

Thankz guys should of said my bikes daylight only and I font have side stand. I've wired it off the manual so its cdi coil kill switch is disconnected and wrapped off and servo and ignition that's it sorry again

• Like 1

That makes it easier, checked the (most likely using the term wrapped) wiring from the cdi

Definitely possible.

You say it happens at high and low speeds, but starts right up. A wire touching will do exactly that. The cdi connection to the kill switch being my first call.

ok " next time it dies, take a spare plug , kick it over see if its lost spark,,,

Try disconnecting the servo at the closest point to the cdi without cutting stuff.

care to explain this more?

Lol wen I start her first thing in the morning she fires straight up and rides fine until I put power down quick she died like the ignitions turned off. Once the engine is completely cut out she bumps straight away or kicks over 1st kick no messing. I've cleaned carb changed plug coil disconnected ignition and kill switch also tryed turning in and out air fuel screw and clear cap vent all connections are plug and wires tight.

I'm trying to think wen the throttles on hard the fly wheel will spin a lot faster which may cause the woodruff key to loose grip I will update soon as I'm taking the fly wheel off

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online