It's so big and shiny!

captf
This post is 3329 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, I shall be adding one to my "buy soon" list, then. Lots of 5 star reviews on Amazon too [the lower ones tend to be from people being stupid]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes, for the price, certainly no bother having one in the house!

I'm sure, like most of us in here, your "buy soon" list must be increasing rapidly!

I have an optimizer brought from LIDL. is autodetecting what battery is (motorcycle or car) when I use it one year ago before I change the battery, was working good enough and cost something like 8-9 pounds

I have the Oxford oximiser and it's on the bike all through the winter, never gets below 12V and discharges and recharges the battery every couple of weeks, been on the bike now since September and the battery is 4 years old now and no problems with starting or crumbling plates, if you buy one it's easy to set up and really easy to use. 41cvt1SkWpL._SY300_.jpgGot it from Amazon for £40.

+1 for an optimate. Fit the tails which come with the pack (or search fleabay for TM71) and you can plug all sorts in if you get the charger adaptor - satnav, phone etc.

The only thing that put me off the FZ6 was the swing arm.

I have the Oxford oximiser and it's on the bike all through the winter, never gets below 12V and discharges and recharges the battery every couple of weeks, been on the bike now since September and the battery is 4 years old now and no problems with starting or crumbling plates, if you buy one it's easy to set up and really easy to use. 41cvt1SkWpL._SY300_.jpgGot it from Amazon for £40.

+1 got one last year for when the the bike is not used much in winter but then I managed to get more than I thought so didn't use it much but always get plugged in when I don't use the bike for a week or two.