DT 125 LC clutch problem 2015

jeffhj8
This post is 3305 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i am back, couldnt work on the bike due to school and work but i just got around to looking at it today.. and i am not exactly sure how to pull the clutch joint off i cant really explain it very well so i took a picture off it and was wondering if any of you guys could help me... i tried just pulling it off but it only moved a bit then stopped and wouldnt move at all. anyone have any ideas on what to do, its the round thing in the picture.

20150116_170649_zps3485f0c6.jpg

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I take it you mean the cable jeff " Slacken adjuster up at the bars , this gives free play, then pull that rubber back, exposing the cable

push cable to allow it to slide thru the opening on arm,

Just alterd the title slightly to save confusion.

i really do mean the clutch becasue part of the bottom end casing got dented and i believe the dents a pushing on some sort of shaft... my clutch is very very stiff and it doesnt want to spring back unless i get off the bike and force it to with my hands... i have another thread explaining the dents and how i believe i can fix them, its just i need to pull that round thing (its like a joint connected to the clutch cable) out of the bottom end so i can try work the dents out. Its a little hard to explain what i mean by all of this

I think you may have to remove the clutch pushrod from the other side of your engine (it runs through the centre of the shaft that the clutch basket sits on). This should allow you to remove the clutch lifter ( the part you are trying to remove ). Because of the dents you may have to gently lever it up , don't force it .

Well i just gave it a go and i pulled the clutch pushrod out and iwent over to the clutch lifter and it still doesnt really want to come out... i cant really get a good angle on it to pry it out so for now it is stuck... anyone have any ideas on where i can go from here to try and get that thing out

I googled a diag for that bike and it has a two part pushrod with a ball bearing in the middle ( according to google ) , So remove both , and don't lose the ball bearing . The idea is to disengage the end of the pushrod from the lifter , which should allow you to remove the lifter . Those dents have tightened the clearance . Have you tried gently rotating the lifter back and forth to see if you can free it up a bit ? If you're careful you should be able to lock a vise-grips onto the lifter to give you a little leverage . Other than that I'm stumped . Best of luck man .

I will definitely give it a try tonight... hopefully rotating it will help free it up a bit. Do you think because it has those bearings it would have to be seperated from the inside or should they just pull out. I could only find a diagram for an MK3 and mine is an MK1 but on that diagram it showed a 2 peice push rod... if it does have with will i have to remove the clutch entirely? Or do you think it would come out with the first peice of the push rod.

Thanks for the help

When i took the cover off of the stator or magneto ( which was oddly a mitsubishi stator ) i looked on the side with the clutch lifter and i was just the casing there was nothing on it i didnt see any screws.

Airhead is right..manual says there is a locking screw on that arm behind the cover.

When i took the cover off of the stator or magneto ( which was oddly a mitsubishi stator ) i looked on the side with the clutch lifter and i was just the casing there was nothing on it i didnt see any screws.

Yeah I looked at you photo in the other thread and couldnt see any screw, unless the damage sheared it off. Having said that I looked at a 10V model parts book and again I could not see any screw, Something has to hold that lever down or it would just come upwards! I wondered if the little spring was clamped somehow and holding it down? I'm not familiar with LC's

Airhead is right..manual says there is a locking screw on that arm behind the cover.

McF you looked in an LC manual?

Thats why i edited the title to tell the difference.

Sorry about the multiple threads wasn't sure if someone would look at it if it was an older thread thats why i started a new one. I am going to look at it tonight because the clutch lifter does move up a bit it will move a half inch then stop completely. And i read that you might be able to just turn it 90 degrees and it could just slid right out... ill try everything

I took the clutch cable off turned it 180 degrees, i got a pair of vise grips and with some effort she came right out..

20150119_1742131_zps253ec0c5.jpg

I saw that there were some markings on the thicker part, so i do believe that this is the whole problem.

Now comes the hard part of getting the dents out, i wish i had a dial caliper so i could machine a punch to get those dents out they really arent that big so it wouldnt be too difficult but ill just have to find some other way to get them out.

20150119_174056_zps40419982.jpg

You can just see those small markings on the inside.

I`m confused..this is out the 175 manual..clearly shows locking screw.

175clutch_zps45fd6586.jpg