New comer from wales, expect a dt project thread soon ;)

ConnorDTR
This post is 3500 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well i'll tell you a little about myself shall I? Currently 17 years old and learning Car Mechanics at college. Got a keen interest for motorcycles and currently on my L plates. I've got an interest for the Yamaha DT125, so much so that i've decided to buy myself a nice frame and see if i can build it up all nice and painted how it would've looked from the factory. So expect to see me put up a project thread sometime soon, maybe in the next week or so. (also expect a few questions lol)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome:

:wavey: Welcome aboard! So you bought the frame by itself and now you'll need to purchase and rebuild everything to make a complete bike?

Oh poo. The vin is correct and also got the reg. Didn't get a v5 as he had lost it apparently. Did do a check on the reg and it didn't come back as stolen. It was a previous project of his but he gave up hope after being unable to find a wiring loom on it and having his engine in the car blow up, needed money for that.

Have to agree with Airhead... even starting with a (near) complete bike, I've sunk a small fortune into my DT restoration... course, it wasn't about the cost for me, rather about learning and doing it up right. :thumb:

If i'm honest in an adult mindhood i would also agree with airhead, however this is just my project. I already have a bike to ride around on. Thing is I wanted a project to work on, would help me get experience and learn more about the mechanical side of it, i also imagine it would help me with my application for an apprenticeship when i go for it. Sorry if i seem arragont and ignoring quality advice, but this is something i am really excited to do :eusa_think:

Anyways here's my thread if you are interested and wish to follow it:

Not at all arrogant. IMHO. to each their own. :) if money and time were no object I'd have my other DT and little KD100 done already. LOL

I just really didn't want to come off being rude.. You guys really do know what you're talking about. Now i'm growing up i'm realising how little time you really do get outside of college and work :(. Also money isn't too bad for me, i have relatively low bills, but i imagine having your own house etc would limit the money you can spend on project bikes

Indeed! :) I'd say be prepared to spend three times as much time and money as you think it'll take. LOL :biglaugha:

last time i'll say it...not wanting to labour the point but you should find yourself a complete bike, a do-er-uper and make a nice job of that, this'll cost a lot of money before you completely stall the project because parts are taking too long to find, consider this...youl be spending literally loads and loads of money buying parts from ebay and some new and paying many hundreds of pounds in postage alone.

Have to agree with Airhead but hey if its all about the experience then it actually doesn't even matter if you ever get to a full bike. Wish you all the best - will be watching your build with interest.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online