Ybr electrical problems

B355y
This post is 3510 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys and gals I have a 2006 ybr and I'm having some electrical problems. I use the bike to get to work. I started the bike on the morning with the switch, no problem at all, got to work parked up. finished work and pressed the switch and nothing happened. No noise at all. I used the kick start and it started first time. But also as I rid home I noticed my rev counter dropping as I reached about 6000rpm. The bike was mechanically fine. no loss of power or anything like that. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Got the same problem on the FJ1200, it's the side stand switch sticking, as above give it a wiggle and see if that makes it cut out, probably just needs a good clean and sealing away from the weather.

Being a 2006 model it won't have a kick stand (if it's the same as mine) so that can't be the problem. When you turn the key, does the neutral light come on and dash light up as normal? If so then it would suggest a lose connection somewhere between the starter button and the motor. Either that or the starter motor itself has developed a fault

Yes mine is the same, no side stand only centre stand and yes everything else works. All lights neutral, indicators and so on. Spoke to a local garage who claims it could be the regulator rectifier but I'm not sure.

Battery terminals are really clean and tight. I guess I will try the regulator rectifier. Any idea how much that would cost and is it easy fix or am I better off getting someone else to do it? And thanks you guys I really do appreciate all your help

If it is the regulator then simply un pluging it,should restor the starter problem. But I would go that route of changeing it untill you have done some other tests first.

First check all cables from the main ground on the eng postive to the starter relay to the starter. A poor ground can cause these problems too.

feed 12v to the starter directly, and see if the starter will work.

check the starter relay and that you have a good signal to the selonoide

check the starter button for open and closed circut.

Also with the bike running check you voltage out put from the stator/regulator at the battery should be no more that 14.5 volts

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online