Hello all! New rider here...be gentle! ;)

This post is 3574 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

Finally got around to joining the 2-wheels club. Dad used to ride Harley's years ago until he broke his ankle and couldn't take the weight anymore but as a lad I always wanted to ride his bikes. Sat on the idea for a long time until getting with my girlfriend who is from a riding family, her granddad especially who rides a beautiful 09' Triumph Bonneville. After a few pillion rides on that I was hooked, GF did her A2 and has got herself a Bonnie too and I bought her 07 YBR 125 off her after doing my CBT.

So I do feel a bit of a mug going out on a 125 in between two classic bikes but hey, we all got to start somewhere haven't we!?

I do have to say that coming from driving a car to a bike, I love the community spirit between bikers. It's amazing how much it has changed my car driving for the better too.

Can't think of anything else to say really...I'm just enjoying making the most of the good weather at the moment out on the roads where I live. (Hertfordshire)

:crazy:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Matt, Welcome to the YOC, always nice to have new people join in. :wavey:

Hi Matt, welcome. I also am new to two wheels having just racked up 1500 miles on my YBR 125. I'd echo your comments about how biking improves your driving, nothing like the feeling of vulnerability as a new rider to hone your observation skills.

Hi and welcome! Yeah we all got to start somewhere! I started 22 years ago but have it up in favour of a car, then spent 10 years persuading my now wife that a bike isn't dangerous etc. then taught her to drive and got into bikes again cos couldn't afford 2 cars! Or 'do wtf you want' lol

:welcome:

:wavey: hello and welcome aboard!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online